Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Two Fun Challenges

I have been "cyber shopping" lately, so  I just received some new Lockhart stamps, and then I got some new Basic Grey papers!  I didn't use them together, but was able to complete two challenges with each of them. 

I already had this image colored, and kind of knew which paper I wanted to match it with, when I saw today's Sketch Challenge at SCS!  So I was excited because I got to use three different designs of K&Co's Small Wonders Boy Mat Pad. I love these subtle blues and greens together with the garden chair.  If you look closely, you might see some sparkly ice cubes in that glass!

06-25-08 Challenge

The image is stamped on water color paper; the square of DP were punched out with my 1 3/8" square punch, then mounted on Very Vanilla, Brocade Blue and a Sage Shadow card.  Some little grosgrain loops are the only embellishments I added; I'll put a sentiment on the inside when I am ready to send it out!

My next card uses Julee's Mojo Monday #43 sketch.  I have always wanted to do one of hers, I just never got around to it!!! 

mojo43

This card uses the little jar of pencils stamp, which I colored with markers and cut out, mounted on an oval of So Saffron and a scallop of Sage Shadow.  The papers are from Basic Grey's Recess collection---so fun!  The scallop edge is a piece of Bravo Burgundy I cut with my rectangle Nestabilities, then cut and pieced to make a strip.  The sentiment is from PTI, stamped in Bravo Burgundy and I used my marker for the "a".  Instead of brads, I punched out "H", "I", and "5" from the DP and glued them on (get it, High 5???)  Corny, but I thought it was cute.  You can't see it, but I also put Crystal Effects on the jar.  Oh, I had so much fun making these two cards!!!

Thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day!!!
LeAnne

PS:  I used a different photo-editing program......let me know if you think the pictures are clearer!  Thanks!

8 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

The photos look great, LeAnne!

I have never thought to cut a scalloped strip from a Nestabilities! GREAT idea, and a LOT less work than using the corner rounder!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ooohhhh LeAnne, I just love both cards and have been eyeing those very same stamps. Both cards are wonderful!

Denise Marzec said...

Both cards are great...I especially love the striped paper on the second card.

...oh, and both pictures look very clear (but I think your photos have always looked great).

Diane Barnes said...

Really love the pencil card - beautiful colours & layout. Best wishes, Di

Anonymous said...

Great job on the sketch and color challenge on the top card. Wonderful coloring, too. And I love the bottom card, as well. Awesome layout.

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous!! I was eyeing that chair image in Ellen's store the other day and now I wish I had gotten it!! :)

Kathleen said...

BOTH of these cards a amazing LeAnne! That paper is yummy! It's it fun to cybershop? I've done a little of that myself lately!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, these 2 cards are FABULOUS!!! I just love Lockhart stamps and your cards caught my eye! Beautiful job on both! :)

Your photo's look fabulous as well and I think too they've always looked great! :)