Saturday, June 21, 2008

Our Creative Corner Challenge #2

The Creative Corner's Challenge#2 was to use buttons and brads on your card.  I needed a quick thank you, so this is what I came up with:

Fresh Cuts Thank you

As you can see, this is a very simple layout.  The buttons were from my button can; the brads are SU's gold brads.  Holding them with my reverse tweezers from the Tool Kit, I dabbed them in Versamark, then in White Embossing Powder, and very carefully heat embossed them.  Then I added just a drop of Crystal Effects for some extra shine.  Thanks for visiting today!
LeAnne

  • Stamps:  Fresh Cuts
  • Paper:  Flowers for You, WW
  • Ink:  Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Soft Sky, Versamark
  • Acc:  Buttons, Brads, White EP, Heat Tool, Soft Sky Stitched Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Crystal Effects

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the bee's knees girl. Just when I start loading cardstock on my cards, you make a card with just a few layers.

I'm really enjoying making my cards now. And to think I was making cards with as few papers and embellishments as I could get away with.

Dawn Easton said...

So sweet! Love the soft pretty colours! Thanks for playing along with us!

Sharon said...

This is very pretty. I love how you customised your brads. I'm really going to have to try this.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful "Thank You" card, LeAnne! Love your choice of colors and those brads are awesome!

Jeni Glee said...

I just went to Jennifer's blog and saw that gorgeous card you made for her! It is so lovely!

I thought I would come and visit and I must say....you do fabulous work! This card, especially, just caught my eye because it is beauty within simplicity and is wonderful!

Cindy Haffner said...

Soft and pretty, thanks for playing.

Patsy said...

Lovely card!!

Julia Aston said...

Very pretty LeAnne! love the colors and cute buttons!

CeeCee said...

oh, so pretty and soft. And I love what you did with the brads. I always enjoy your creations!

Kay Kalthoff said...

What an amazing idea to turn gold brads into white ones!! I've never understood why SU doesn't have white brads ... but, I guess they do!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! Cute card, too!

Just Me said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! My daughter, son-in-law and grandson are in Florida now... they took my 11 year old with them, she will fly home the 29th of July but she is having a blast!!!!
love this card, it is simple but elegant at the same time!!!