Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Inspired by Kim

My friend and sideline, Kim, inspired me to use some vintage images I had gotten from Crafty Secrets.  You can see her card here.  I have been hoarding these things forever!  There is only a tiny bit of stamping, a lot of distressing, some Cuttlebugging, some chalking, I guess that's enough!  You can see the Crafty Secrets products here.

Vintage Americana

The card base is Sahara Sand, the other panels are Night of Navy and Kraft.  I swiped the CB panel with Creamy Caramel ink before I embossed it.  Then I went over some of the words with a blender pen & chalk.  Then I daubered the edges with Close to Cocoa for an "old" look.  I stamped the flag image with Linen in Creamy Caramel, and stamped "USA" on the twill with a clear stamp from ACM and NofN Craft ink.  I also swiped the Creamy Caramel pad over the twill to make it look old.  Finally, I distressed the edges of the Ruby Red & Night of Navy pieces with my SU distresser and added some vintage brads.   Although the blue chalk looks quite bright in the photo, it is a little darker!  I thoroughly enjoyed making this card!  Hope you like it too!Vintage Americana Closeup

 

 

 

God Bless America!!!

10 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Great job, Wendy. I love all the distressing! Very cool looking card. :)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card. That image is beautiful. Lovin' it!

Kim Gasper said...

This is a great card. Such beautiful details.

Kim Gasper said...

Oh, and you've been tagged (see my blog).

Anonymous said...

Leanne, this is just awesome. It makes me feel safe. Beautiful job on the layers, colors and everything.

Diane
SCS Lost in the 60's

stampmonkey said...

What a beautiful card! I never would've thought to use that embossing folder for a 4th of July card, but it totally works! tfs

Kathleen said...

This is so beautiful---everything is perfect---layout, colors, technique--LOVE it!

Janine said...

This is just gorgeous!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a neat idea to use the Happy Birthday Cuttlebug background for a patriotic card! This looks awesome! Great vintage look, LeAnne!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, LeAnne! I love it!!