Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ikea/Taken with Wasabi Challenge

Well, for those inquiring minds who want to know what I got at IKEA, I hate to disappoint you, but it wasn't much!  We did have fun; it is an awesome place to shop, get ideas, and dream!  My wish to find some storage items for paper was not fulfilled!  I guess I have to go to a craft store like Joann's or something.  I just don't know why it is so difficult to find upright storage for 12x12 papers.  I have some rolling file carts but wanted to find a cabinet/drawer.  Maybe someone out there has some suggestions.

I did get a cute pillow for my couchpillow from Ikea in some soft neutral colors, which is a departure from my usual style, but for the summer, I thought it was fun!  I also got some household stuff, some magnetic thingies to put on the wall & hold paper clips, etc., and some other odds & ends.  The traffic wasn't bad on 95, however, as soon as I pulled on, a huge tractor trailer pulled in front of me to get off, so once we had that hair-raising experience over, the rest was a breeze.  White Marsh is easy to get to and is only an hour away, so I am sure I'll be dragging DH down there some time!

06-24-08 challenge 2

My card today (then I gotta go to work) is for the Color Challenge, which is Wild Wasabi, Taken with Teal and White.    I found some DP in my Glitter Mat Stack from DCWV that sort of matched, so I just went forward.  It is a little busy for my tastes but I need to try to do some different things occasionally!  I thought it would be good for a boy's birthday.  I punched out circles from the cardstock for my embellishments and added some Stickles....which I never use, for some reason.  I think because they take forever to dry, so I whacked them with my heat tool!  Ribbon was a RAK from Denise -- thanks sweetie!  And THANK YOU for looking & have a blessed day!

  • Stamps:  Nursery Necessities, Spunky Spots Jumbo Wheel, Mixed Messages (PTI)
  • Paper:  WW, Glitter Mat Stack, Wild Wasabi Textured, Taken with Teal
  • Ink:  Wild Wasabi, Taken with Teal
  • Acc:  Punches, Striped Ribbon, Dimensionals, Stickles

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey LeAnne...Sorry to hear you didn't find what you were looking for at Ikea. I thought for sure you'd come home with some goodies! Your card today for the color challenge is very cute! I love the colors and the paper is awesome! Love your star and the Stickles too!

Have a great day my friend!
Wendy

Stacy said...

Wish we had an Ikea around here so I could check it out, but I'm guessing the closest one is about 250 miles away. I love your card. I also have that DP. It's a fun & I love what you did with it.

Renee said...

I love this card especially with the bright colors!

Sorry you didn't find anything at Ikea :(

Denise Marzec said...

Hey LeAnne! :) Really cute card for today's challenge..I love how you did the ribbon behind the circle sentiment!!

Anonymous said...

LeeAnne, this is GORGEOUS!!! I love, love, love it!! :-)

Julie Koerber said...

LeAnne,
Wish I had some ideas for paper storage for you but I do the same thing you do--- carts. It works for me but I can see how you might want something different.

Glad you had fun at IKEA and you survived the highway! LOL! I've never been to IKEA but heard it is an organizers dream!!!

Have a fab day!

Julie Koerber said...

How could I forget to comment on that fab card! (I really am a blonde at heart!) I LOVE those colors and the stars that match the paper--- out of this world! :-)

Julia Aston said...

Love this colorful starry card LeAnne! Sorry you didn't find what you wanted - that pillow is very pretty though so that's fun!

Traveling Mama said...

Cute pillow and super cute card!