Friday, June 27, 2008

Cupcake Challenge

Taylor's Challenge Closeup1

Okay, you're saying "I don't see any cupcakes!"

Taylor's Challenge #22

You're right--for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge, you CAN use a cupcake, but I don't have any cupcake images big enough to make the card I wanted, so I used these clear stamps from Stampendous I got on our shopping trip, along with some words from My Favorite Thing's "Can Ya Dig It?" AND I used some paper I got on that trip too, and a new stamp pad! Woohoo! The challenge was also to make a card with an "awning".....so this is my awning. Plus today's SCS Challenge was to use brads as part of the design. This is probably a stretch, but I couldn't think of another place to put them!!! These colors are difficult to capture--sort of a blue/lavender and split pea green!!! But very pretty together! Thanks for looking!

Taylor's Challenge Side Stamps: Fresh Blossoms (stampendous), Can Ya Dig It (MFT), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (SU)

Paper: Watercolor, VV, Basic Grey Romani, Wild Asparagus Breeze

      • Ink: Palette Noir, VersaColor Split Pea, Bashful Blue & Almost Amethyst reinkers
    • Acc: Aquapainters, Small & Large Oval Punches, DD Glitter, Old Olive Twill, Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals (lots of them), Corner Rounder, Brads & Punch

Here's another little card I made a couple nights ago while I couldn't sleep. This was a RAK from my stampin' friend in New Zealand!! (Hi Tracy, thanks!). I colored this little garden angel with markers & watercolors, then added some Basic Grey Two Scoops DP and added a Papertrey sentiment. If you look closely, you can see the same small flower I used on the above card, stamped along the bottom in pink! Hmmmm, I think she needs some sparkles on her wings....I'll have to amend that! LOL! Twill is from Taylored Expressions, flower & brad from my stash. Thanks again for visiting & have a great evening!

LeAnne

Friends were Flowers

13 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

These are both fantastic!! The awning card is beautiful with the scallops, colors, and stamp choice. The coloring the second one is just out-of-this-world gorgeous!! What a cute image too.

Way to go today, LeAnne!!

Anonymous said...

LeAnne...I did what you asked and now I"ll probably be run out of town on a rail. And I wish I hadn't taken SOMEONE'S card to the post office today to put EXTRA postage on it.....

by the way: how large are your cards? This is an important piece of information because everyone's cards always look HUGE in the photos.

Anonymous said...

WOW girl, these 2 cards are just gorgeous!! I agree with Denise, the awning card is awesome with those scallops! I was checking out Taylor's challenge today and maybe I will try it tomorrow if I feel the need to stamp. LOL The second one is fabulous! That image works perfectly with the Basic Grey paper! Nicely done! :)

Relax now! :)
Hugs to you!
Wendy

Stephanie Hargis said...

Wow! Your card is fabulous! I absolutely LOVE what you did with Taylor's sketch! You rocked it girl! Fantastic job!

Anonymous said...

Hi LeAnn,

love your cupcake card. And your blog - I didn't know you were blogging or I would have stopped by before. Thanks for the tag - I'll think of some random facts tomorrow. Ali

Renee said...

Ok these are way too cute! I love love love bright colors! Just gorgeous!

stampmonkey said...

Both cards are so pretty! Again, I'm lovin' that blue/lavender and green color combo on your awning card, and you did a wonderful job with the challenge! The little garden fairy looks so sweet (beautiful job with your coloring!) and the Two Scoops paper goes so well with it. tfs

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Stunning cards! I love the way you glittered those three flowers especially and the layout of it is fabulous! :0)

Tracy said...

Hi LeAnne, what a fantastic job you done on Gardenia Greenthumb. I have yet to attempt to make a card with her.. you set a hard road to follow!!! LOL

Janette said...

Great job on your cards- I especially like the awning card. I love the colors and the embellishing.

Taylor said...

Both cards are fabulous! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Super cute cards, LeAnne! I love the colors on both... so bright and summery! (Sorry I'm so far behind on blog catch-up!)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.