Friday, June 6, 2008

Lots of Challenges and an Interesting Inspiration

I haven't even eaten breakfast yet and have a post!  It is going to be a busy day, so I wanted to get this out before I begin my activities.  This card fulfills FOUR challenges:

ssnotime 38 challenge

I took a little liberty with the sketch and turned it on its side, and did not add the embellishment to the left side since there was a stamped image there that kind of fit the bill!  It is a little difficult to see, but very pretty IRL, that the left edge of the black panel is heat embossed with black ink.  It adds real elegance to this card, and I love how it turned out.  The flowers are colored with a So Saffron marker, then highlights were added with Summer Sun and a blender pen.  Here are the details:

  • Stamps:  Fresh Cuts
  • Paper:  WW, Basic Black, So Saffron
  • Ink:  Stazon, So Saffron, Versamark, Summer Sun
  • Acc:  Black EP, SS marker, Corner Rounder Punch, Twill from Taylored Expressions, Bling, Cuttlebug & D'Vine Folder, Blender Pen


We were out last night and my DD called me asking if she could use my stampin' stuff to make something for a new coworker.  I said sure, and this is what she made:

Dana' s creation

It is a pencil holder for her desk; she likes pink & blaDana's tattoock, so Dana used a couple different DPs, the star from All Through the Year and sentiments from Papertrey.  And lots of bling!  She said she got her inspiration from her tattoo:

We all get inspired by different things, right?!

Enjoy your day!  I will be SHOPPING tomorrow with three blog friends----cannot wait!!!  I am sure we will have lots to show you after our outing! 
LeAnne

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm saving that card to my DOCUMENTS and I am going to try and make one using that design.

I don't have the stamps, but I can get creative if I put my mind to it.

Now, where was I...........

Julie Koerber said...

Leanne, Love the challenge card! It is just stunning!! That yellow just makes everything pop! So glad you played!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Beautiful card! :-)

Unknown said...

Yay so glad you got to do a card from 2 Sketches 4 You. Love the color combo.
:)
Kazan

Laura Davis said...

LeAnne,
This card is stunning!!!
Thanks for participating:)
Laura

Jamie Martin said...

The card is beautiful, love all of the different elements you used :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

BEAUTIFUL card, LeAnne! I love the elegance! And DD's pencil cup is really cute, too!

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, way to combine challenges on that Fresh Cuts card. Love the colors and the embossing. What an eye catcher!!

...love the pencil cup too..we can all get inspiration from anywhere!!! Tell her it looks great.

Kath Stewart said...

Wow this is so beautiful absolutely stunning

Bev said...

Oh your card is just gorgeous, love the colour combo

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, this is beatiful! Well done on multiple challenges! Your daughter's pencil holder is so fun too!
smiles, Deena

Kristie Larsen said...

this card is very stunning. I love the black embossing. It really does add a touch of elegance. I will have to remember that for the future. And i love the colors too! Im thinking now I want to case this baby. but Its so beautiful it might be over my head to make. I will just enjoy looking at yours!
k

Renee said...

Your sketch card is gorgeous! Great job :)

Your daughter did a great job on her can too :)

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Your card is fabulous! Oh how beautiful. The combination of patterns, colors and textures are wonderful!

Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Leanne, love your card! Love the yellow and black together!
Hannari

Angelnorth said...

Love the yellow splash with the black and white - really stylish-lloking card!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

great take on the card sketch...beautiful colors!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! Enough said! LOL

PS. Your daughter's can is awesome as well! Wouldn't it be great if she'd follow in your footsteps!

Hugs to you!
Wendy

Lea L. said...

Your card is gorgeous! Great job with the sketch!

Anonymous said...

That is one fabulous card ... wonderful combined challenge creation.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This card is so stunning -- fabulous use of color and images!!!