Friday, June 13, 2008

Bold and Bright

Owl 1

I intended this to be for today's SCS Challenge, Get Knotty, but I realized I was supposed to limit layers and embellishments, and that obviously didn't happen.  I thought I would combine it with Beate's Challenge here; hence my layer problem!  So maybe I'll do another knotty one later after I mow my yard!!!  I think it might also qualify for Sharon's Go Bold Challenge.  This is definitely bold & bright!  The image is a RAK from Tammy; it is the new Pink Cat Studio set, Q.T.Hooty; sentiment is from My Favorite Things, Essential Sentiments.  Card stock is Summer Sun, Only Orange and assorted Dollar Store DP.  Everything is colored in with SU markers.  I dyed the Pretties flower with Only Orange ink and added a Fire Circle brad.  Twill is from Taylored Expressions.

Owl closeup

Make sure you notice QT's bling'ed glasses and her glittery flowers.  Of course, this close, you can see where I missed coloring with my markers!!!  Back to the drawing board and take OFF my glasses!! 

TFL!
LeAnne

13 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Absolutely bold and bright!!! I love it!!! Great job -- thanks so much for playing!!!

Darlene said...

This is adorable LeAnne ... thanks for the closeup of Q.T.Owl, the glasses are darling!!! Nice and bright & bold ... just what the doctor ordered!! Great card!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh, Q.T. is definitely CUTE! Great card, and I love her glasses! :)

Anonymous said...

What a super card, LeAnne! I love your coloring and certainly the glittery glasses! Nice job, girl! Love it!

Have a great weekend!
Wendy

Jetstudio Designs said...

what a cute card, the owl is wonderful and the glittery glasses are so cute, great job!!

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE the bling on the flowers and glasses...fun, bright colors too!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Oh my LeAnne...she's just too cute! Her glasses are adorable! What a fun card! :D

Antje said...

that image is gorgeous - very sweet card - love the glasses

Kim said...

Love the detials!! Cute card, and great colors!

Lori said...

This is so cute! I love the sparkly details.

Anonymous said...

Deine Karte ist wunderschön!
Lustiges Motiv!

Patsy said...

Wow those colors pop!! Love that image. Great card!!!

Jenn said...

Those glasses are awesome! So cute!