Thursday, June 26, 2008

Party Chick

Today's SCS Challenge was to use a bird on your card. I love birds, I watch them all the time in my garden and yard, but surprisingly, I don't have many bird stamps! My friend Wendy sent me dozens of stamped images, and among them was this little BBQ chick! So for a fun card, I decided to use him! I used Taylor's Sketch #21 for my layout. It's too late to submit, but I thought it was an interesting sketch and I tend to use the same style a lot of the time!

06-26-08 Challenge

In order to give my bright red & white gingham a more toned-down look, I colored it with a More Mustard marker and dried it with my heat tool! Thanks for looking, have a great day!
LeAnne

  • Stamps: BBQ Chick by Calendar Chick, Spunky Spots Wheel, Computer-Generated Sentiment
  • Paper: WW, Ruby Red, Wild Wasabi, More Mustard, K&Co Small Wonders Boy DP
  • Ink: Stazon, Ruby Red, Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky
  • Acc: Markers, Nesties, Button, Punches, Crystal Effects, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable card, LeAnne! That sketch is so great for so many designs, too!

Lynn Put said...

Oh is this ever adorable! I love the scallops and polka dots and the image is just too cute!

Renee said...

So cute! I love all your detail and layers and of course colors! What a gret card!

Renee

Anonymous said...

OMWord LeAnne, you've done me proud with that image!! Your card is so cute and I love the sketch layout you used. I'm thinking of using the same on my card later today....when I get around to some stamping! LOL Thanks for sharing. I LOVE it!

Wendy

Kim said...

LOVE that card! Too cute! I also love the layout. I may have to CASE that :-)

stampmonkey said...

I love this card -- such fun colors with a playful, happy feel to it! You did a great job with the sketch! ;)

Janine said...

This is fabulous!! The colors are just so pretty!

Denise Marzec said...

This is great, LeAnne!! Wow, great colors and I love what you did with Taylor's sketch. Perfect!

...and you would have LOVED the scrapbooking stores we went to today. I'll have more info on my blog shortly but the names were Times to Remember in Hershey, and Fancy That in Hummelstown.....oh my, LOADS of paper!!!!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Very cute, so bright and cherry, very summery!!! Nice layout!

Neva said...

LeAnn this is just darling. love the layout too. Great job

Stacy said...

I love this. Great idea to tone down the gingham using your marker. I have one of these chicks that I need to ink up one of these days. Your card is a great inspiration for me. Thanks!

Pamela Smerker said...

OH I absolutely love this card. The layout is fabulous and the color scheme is superb! Great job!!