Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Own Little Inspiration

Rhinestone Pin

I bought this rhinestone pin at a yard sale on Saturday for $2.  There is a little stone missing, but I thought it was pretty (prettier than this photo!) and fun & funky.  (When I was younger, I would NEVER even look at anything like this!!)  I thought, gee, it would be fun to make a card like this--lots of bling & sparkle!  Although this is NOT the card I really had in mind, it is pretty and simple and was easy to do....something I need right now!

My Own Inspiration Challenge

I used the flower from Simply Said and stamped it in Bashful Blue, Regal Rose & So Saffron Craft Ink, then heat embossed it with Iridescent Ice EP.  I stamped the sentiment from Holiday Blitz in Certainly Celery, cut & embossed it with a square Nestability and cut a scallop in CC also.  I used my new Sugarcoated Brads from Doodlebug for the centers.  It really is more sparkly in real life!  The panel is mounted on a Bashful Blue card. 

I still want to try to make a really glitzy card with the colors from the pin....I think I will "need" to get some colored glitter!!!  Thanks for looking!

Oh, and this sort of fits with Beate's Be Inspired Challenge today, too!  You can see it here.
LeAnne

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and I love the sparkle of the pin too! :)

Anonymous said...

Great card, LeAnne!
Hugs and smiles

Kay Kalthoff said...

What a cute card! I LOVE the little pin and what a great idea to use it as an inspiration piece! TFS!

Sandra Smart said...

Hi there and thanks for visiting my blog. Your cards are great and that little pin is gorgeous. As far as the boutique goes, I would find out if she has other things on consignment, and if she does, then have a sample of your cards with you to show her. Do not be afraid! You can do it!

Jetstudio Designs said...

I like your simple card and the colors that you chose, the pin is very pretty too, what a find!