Saturday, June 28, 2008

Stamp Something Basic Red, White & Blue

What a mouthful! I did a double challenge today: Stamp Something's was to stamp something in red, white & blue, but it couldn't be a card. Our Creative Corner's was to use Basic Grey paper. So I combined the two and made some patriotic 6-pointed stars:

Basic Grey Stars

These stars have been around for a while, but I found some video directions here. Since Basic Grey's small pads of paper are 6x6, they were very easy to make--no cutting involved! I have to confess, there is no stamping involved either! Unless you count the fact that I stamped the star from Nursery Necessities on the back of the paper to use as a pattern for my center star shape! I just haven't gotten that SU Star Punch yet!

  • Stamps: Nursery Necessities
  • Paper: Basic Grey Figgy & Boxer
  • Ink: Night of Navy & Bravo Burgundy (for shading)
  • Acc: Small Star Punch, Brads, Dauber, Pop-up Glue Dots, punch & string

Basic Grey Christmas

With the little leftover triangle piece cut from the 6-pointed star, I made a couple Christmas cards with some more BG paper. Now I'm on my way to starting my stash!

I used Always Artichoke paper, Bravo Burgundy ink and the sentiment is from PTI's Mixed Messages.

Thanks for looking!
LeAnne

17 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love this idea for the star! Very cool and fitting for the 4th! The Christmas card is so very cute and still so classy...I love it!

Melissa said...

Awesome, awesome awesome!

Thanks for playing along!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, Wow, WOW LeAnne! You go girl. What a creative idea, and so beautifully implemented!

Lynn Put said...

Your stars and Christmas card are great! Thanks for the link!

mousekemom said...

Those are amazing! Thanks for sharing...

April
www.mousekemom.blogspot.com

Dawn Easton said...

LeAnne, your projects are absolutely amazing! Wow! Thanks for playing along again this week!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super cool, thanks for playing along with us.

paylin said...

That’s beautiful creation and lovely layout.

Well just to drop by to say " hello " takecare and have a great day
Regards.
x

Renee said...

I love the idea of the stars! Very clever! And Christmas cards...wow! You go girl!

Renee

Becky Sorensen said...

Wow! Awesome!! Thanks for sharing the info. These would look great in my living room.
hugs,

Sue said...

Wow, i'm loving them stars they are fabby:-)

Sue
xx

Erin... said...

great idea!!! fantastic job w the challenge!! And i love that you turn your scraps right into christmas cards!! so smart! thanks for playing:)

Mrs. W said...

WOW these are fantastic stars-totally patriotic! Nice job!

Richelle said...

Love the stars...thanks for the link.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Those stars are fabulous! I haven't made any of those in awhile, and just seeing yours makes me realize how awesome they'd look in my patriotic kitchen! And how clever to use the leftovers to get started on Christmas cards!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Wow, those are awesome! What a fun and fabulous way to decorate for the 4th! Love it! Thanks for playing along with the challenge, these are perfect! :)

Kathy K said...

CUTE! I love it and that DP is awesome!