Monday, June 16, 2008

Our Creative Corner Challenge

Well, it feels as if I haven't stamped forever and I've been away even longer!  The weekend went by in a flash with no stamping time at all, so I have lots of ideas floating in my head, but I wanted to do this challenge first.  My friend Denise (peanutbee) was asked to join a challenge group, and their first one was Saturday.  You can see it here.  I wanted to use these gossipy vintage ladies from Crafty Secrets because had some fabulous news to share with each other, which you can read about on the Creative Corner blog as well!   (Sorry the photo is dark; it is going to rain here in SE PA, so I couldn't get good lighting!)  So here it is:

Creative Corner Challenge 06-16-08

I have to admit that as much as I love these clear stamps, sometimes I have trouble getting clean, crisp images.  I think I need to clean them differently than I do my red rubber stamps.  Anyone have any suggestions for their clear stamp cleaning?

  • Stamps:  Crafty Secrets Tea & Coffee, Papertrey Mixed Messages
  • Paper:  Papertrey AquaMist, Very Vanilla, K&Co Small Wonders Boy DP, Old Olive, Barely Banana
  • Ink:  Palette Noir, Old Olive, So Saffron
  • Acc:  Markers, Corner Punch, BB Brad, Old Olive Twill, Dimensionals, Daubers

Thanks for looking and have a blessed day!
LeAnne

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I just posted here, and it disappeared. Anyway, what is a challenge and how do you submit your card? Do you go looking for a challenge or do they come to YOU?

Do you just post your card on the blog for them to see? I wish I knew more ladies. I hate to wear you and SueB out.

I bought a pack of 110 weight cardstock today and when I came home I naturally went to the cupboard to put it up... that is when I saw that I HAD cardstock, still in its wrapper!

Grrr. I could have used that $15 as a downpayment on a scorpal. Or Score Pal? Not sure of the spelling and I probably don't need it.......(or already have it and dont know about it)

Renee said...

Darling card LeAnne! What fun stamps. Love the layout and the colors.

Renee

Cindy Haffner said...

Awesome job, thanks for playing with us.

Anonymous said...

Cute card, LeAnne! Love it!

Carol Dunstan said...

great card, the colours are perfect!

Kathleen said...

I use Ultra clean---it seems to work great. did you use an eraser or a very mild sandpaper before you used your stamps? Sometimes I find that I get cleaner images if I do that---

Dawn Easton said...

Love these Crafty Secret Stamps...fantastic card! Thanks for playing along with us!

Bev said...

Oh wow!! What a fabulous card!!

Julia Aston said...

I just love these vintage images LeAnne! wonderful colors - beautiful card!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh I love this! What great images and you've just created the neatest card! I love it!

Mandalika said...

This is so fabulously retro - I love it!

Kathy said...

Love your images!! What a fantastic card!! Nice job with the sketch..

Denise Marzec said...

What an awesome image to use for the sketch challenge...LOVE it!!