Friday, June 20, 2008

An Eclectic Bunch

Well, I did have a little time to stamp today, and what an eclectic bunch of cards they are!  Bear with me here!

Beate's WSC53

This unusual Christmas card is for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #53 as well as Sharon's snnotime40 Weekend Sketch, which is to use a liquid aspect to your card.  Well, snowflakes are liquid, right?  Frozen liquid, right?!  Like I said, bear with me here!  The snowflake is clear embossed with Almost Amethyst craft ink and is embellished with a RAK dew drop from Tammy (thanks!).

  • Stamps:  Snowflake Spot (retiring), Warm Words
  • Paper:  Almost Amethyst, Cert. Celery, Basic Grey LilyKate, Whisper White
  • Ink:  Almost Amethyst Craft, Chocolate Chip
  • Acc:  White Gel Pen, Scallop Punch, Round Punches, SU Twill Ribbon, Clear EP, Dew Drop

Embossed Vellum card

My cyber friend Dana encouraged me to try embossing vellum, so this is my rather pathetic attempt.  The embossing was okay, it is the card that is rather sad.  But I will continue to work on something a little better!  There is glitter on the edge of the "waves" as well as the shell.

  • Stamps:  Beautiful Beach (retired)
  • Paper:  Bliss Blue, Shimmery White, Vellum Cardstock
  • Ink:  Chalk Ink Blue, Bliss Blue, Brocade Blue
  • Acc:  CB & D'Vine Swirl folder; DD Glitter, Striped Ribbon

No Stampin' Card

This card uses NO STAMPS!!!  It is entirely from a Simply Scrappin' kit called Crew Kids Girls.  It uses Clean & Simple's Fall To Layout 3 and sort of cases this card of Kristina Werner's and this card of Becky Carafa's  (I am beginning to wonder if I have a creative original thought in my head at all!).  Took about 3 minutes to make and uses all self-adhesive elements from the kit.  DP is also from the kit.

Thanks for looking and that's all for today!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LeAnn, run, don't walk, to my website and critique the card that I made thanks to YOU.

I'm beginning to see the light darlin'!!! If an idea, or an inspiration, is enough to keep a person awake at night, then "that person" needs to losen up her wallet and start buying LOTS of cardstock!!! he he

Now, all stampin up demonstrators are too, too nice. I want you to be brutal and, that goes for anyone else reading this. I want some honest feedback ladies!!

Kim said...

Great cards!! I especially like the DSP on WSC53!

Denise Marzec said...

I'm so glad you were encouraged to use vellum...LOVE how the swirled vellum looks with the seashore theme. Very cool. Love the kids grew card too...fun!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Leanne, I just love looking at all of your beautiful work. The shell card is especially wonderful!

But even more wonderful is the surprise I received from you in my mailbox today. Thank you so much! I love the card and all of the great images you sent!

Many, MANY THANKS!!

Jennifer :)

chloe said...

3 BEAUTIFUL CARDS! I ESP LOVE THE FIRST AND 3RD, GORGEOUS!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

All of your cards are wonderful!!! I love that Lily Kate paper and you made a gorgeous Christmas card with it. I really love the non-traditional cards, and my favorite colors for them are the pastel blue and purple shades -- so you can see why I love this!!! Also, the card you didn't like -- it is fabulous!!!!!!!!! Truly a beauty!!!

Anonymous said...

All 3 cards are beautiful, LeAnne! I love your idea's!

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful cards! Absolutely fabulous--so artistic and creative! I love them!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - love all these! The embossing on vellum looks great - I'll have to try that out! and your 'water' card is very pretty! love that DP!

CeeCee said...

All of them beautiful!!! Love the way you used the patterned paper on the first. I have that paper... might use it now :-D Thanks for the inspiration.
CC

vickiw said...

I love all your cards but when I saw the shell card I had a little gasp!!! it is simple yet beautiful I love the texture created....I'll be back for more motivation :)