Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Little Bit of Everything

Well, I stamped like crazy last night, but honestly, none of these, except maybe one or two, really knock my socks off. Ever have days/nights like that? There are several here, don't get too bored!!

Green Fresh Cuts

This is probably the ugliest card I ever made. What a shame! I had an idea in my head and it turned out looking like dirt. Fresh Cuts was stamped in Close to Cocoa ink on Afternoon Tea DP, then edges torn & distressed . I mounted the burlap-y looking DP to a Kraft Card and mounted the stamped image on top, adding a Kraft taffeta ribbon. Before mounting, I took my craft knife & cut out the leaf so it stands out a bit from the card. You can see a closer look here.

Green Fresh Cuts closeupBra Support Card

This cute little round card was made with my CB and Nesties; the set is one I purchased privately and don't know the maker. The flower is a RAK from Denise--it's made from shimmery white cardstock which I daubered with Pink Passion and added a rhinestone sticker for some pop! Cardstock is Pink Passion, Basic Black & Whisper White

Bee Simple Joy



This card uses Confetti White and some more Afternoon Tea DP, Fall Flowers DP and Wild Wasabi cardstock. The bee is from Paper Inspirations; sentiments and elements are all Papertrey. The bee's wings are watercolored with Soft Sky ink and highlighted with Jelly Roll pen.

NMBS Challenge



I had high hopes for this card when I began but it fell short of the mark after execution! It was originally for the NoMoreBadSwaps group I belong to: make a card with black, white, one color & bling. I stamped Tres Chic in black on white, Baroque Motifs in Red on vellum and added "Celebrate" from Wonderful Words at the bottom. Bling is a large red rhinestone. Just didn't turn out like I planned, so I will attempt something else!

Guava Birthday

Of course, I saved my fav for last....a simple Groovy Guava card with four little punched-out squares of Fall Flowers DP. I added a button tied with linen thread and added a simple sentiment from All Holidays. I have to confess: I unmounted this skinny little stamp, pulled off the foam and I use this with an acrylic block because it is just too difficult to stamp with the wood block. Card is finished off with Kraft taffeta ribbon, which I am really enjoying using!

Thanks for visiting & have a blessed day!
LeAnne

5 comments:

Renee said...

First off let me say that your first card is not ugly!! I think it turned out very nice and elegant! You are way too hard on yourself!

The one that's for nomorebadswaps is gorgeous too! I love the idea and I think it's great...you used good colors and the layout works good...hmmmm I think I'll case this one!

Card 2 and 4 are adorable! I love the bee and then I love the simpicity of the 4 squares. I say you had a really good stamping day!!

Anonymous said...

I think you are too hard on yourself. I love them all!

/p
Pattie
psychspa

Anonymous said...

If you don't mind a little unasked for critique...the beautiful card for nomorebadswaps might benefit from a deeper shade of burgundy instead of the bright red. Like the cards!! We are our own worst critics!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGoodness! OK, the first one does NOT look like dirt! It's very elegant! The second one is ADORABLE! Love how the round scalloped card mimics the shape of the "cups!" (And that set is from Gina K, BTW!) The third one... I'm not fond of realistic looking bug stamps, but I love the combination of designer papers you used. The fourth one is so elegant! And I love the simplicity of the fifth one! You're way too hard on yourself, my friend! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, LeAnne! I love the first one especially!!! So funny that the ones we think aren't so cool, others love!! Have a great day!