Monday, June 16, 2008

Monochromatic Challenge and a Couple Other Things

I came across this Stamp Something blog today and thought it would be fun to do a monochromatic card, which I love. One color, in various shades, is a no-brainer to me! I just purchased some Fall Flowers DP, so I picked out a subtle Groovy Guava stripe and decided to use that Pick a Petal I just had to have, and haven't inked up in months!

Monochromatic Wish Big

The petals are stamped & cut out, as is the center. I stamped a little element from Little Pieces (retiring, boo hoo) and added that in the center with a dimensional. I took the scoring blade on my personal cutter and added some scorelines above & below the sentiment.....it is hard to see in this picture, but it complements the lines in the designer paper. The little circles are from All in a Row (retiring, again boo hoo), and were lined up using a Stamp-a-ma-Jig, stamped in White Craft ink, then filled in with our white gel pen. I also added white stitch lines around the petals with the same pen. Finally, I added a little flowery squiggle on the end of the "wish big", which was stamped in Pumpkin Pie.

Dana's Striped Card

My cyber-friend Dana sent me some really cool Cuttlebug "presents". I had just gotten these neat glossy notecards in the Dollar Bin at Mike's, so I just embossed a birthday sentiment from Hugs & Wishes in White Craft ink & White Embossing Powder, then added some color to the "bow" with markers that matched the stripes, then adhered the "present" to my card! Sweet! Thanks again, Dana!

Finally, I just came across this blog, Stamping and Stuff, and this sweet creative designer is offering FREE digital paper for scrapping and cardmaking. Plus it comes in SU colors! Be sure to check it out and give her a big cyber thank you!

Thanks for looking and have a blessed day!
LeAnne

8 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Love the monochromatic card! The big flower with the whimsical accents just make me smile!! :-)

Julia Aston said...

Great set of cards LeAnne! Love the monochromatic flower in Groovy Guava!

I actually have that Cuttlebug present folder/die and have yet to use it - this looks terrific on the striped card - love how you just added colors to the bow - you've inspired me! (I need to USE my stuff!!!)

Kim said...

Wonderful cards and I saw the score lines right away! I thought you got the Scor-Pal, but I see you improvised and it looks great!!!

penniem said...

Wow, what a productive day of ideas! I love the pick a petal card, hmmm.... time to ink mine up again, I too have neglected it.
Thanks LeAnne!
Pennie

Renee said...

I love your petal card! It's so cute! I love working with monocromatic colors also...it's a lot easier for me :)

Love your birthday card also...the dots on the package bring it all in.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Really cute cards, LeAnne! I especially love the striped one with the Cuttlebug'd present!

Erin... said...

These are so much fun!!! I love how the flower pops out with the different DSP!! and your other card is great!! thanks for playing:)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Great cards! I love your monochromatic flower! Beautiful job, love that groovy guava. I never think to use that set, I love how you did! Thanks for joining in our challenge. :)