Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Patriotic Challenge

My friend Wendy recently sent me some stamped images, and she included this retired SU God Bless America image, which I just love.   When I saw this post on today's SCS Sketch Challenge, I knew I wanted to make my own version!  Like most of my cards, it's pretty simple.  I used retired star brads from SU, DP is from Provo Craft's Holiday Slab V.  Ink colors are Real Red & Night of Navy.

06-04-08 Challlenge

Every month I send cards out to the four top sellers in my downline.  I have a small downline, but they are a wonderful bunch of women who have big hearts and LOVE to stamp!  Hopefully they have all received their cards by now, so I think it's safe to post.  Again, I like to make cards simple and easy to duplicate so they can show them at workshops and their new customers are not overwhelmed. 

Weeinker card April 2008

This card uses Soft Sky as a base with Almost Amethyst and Certainly Celery for the top panels.  The AA panel is wheeled in both directions with the Dotted Line Jumbo wheel; the CC panel is stamped with the dots from Polka Dots & Paisley.  I used SU's gel pen to fill in some dots randomly as well as add some faux stitching around each panel.  The Soft Sky Stitched ribbon carries the theme one step further.  The flip flops are from Holiday Blitz--have I mentioned how much I love that set?!  The sentiment is also from Polka Dots & Paisley, stamped in SS.  Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
LeAnne

9 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ooohhh I love both of these! Your color combinations are wonderful, proven by the fact that one card is of bolds and beautiful and the second of pastels and perfection! :)

Lovely cards!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, your patriotic card is wonderful! I LOVE what you have done with that image! WOW, it sure packs a punch!
Your other card is so soft & beautiful! Girl, you know how to make such awesome creations! I love them both!

Wendy

Jetstudio Designs said...

very pretty, I love the patriotic one, the flipflops are so cute to, I like the colors

Tess said...

I like these two cards also. You are a very talented lady. Just keep sharing your beautiful work.

Denise Marzec said...

What an awesome patriotic card! Love those star brads, and I love the image Wendy sent you. She's a sweetheart! SUPER card!

...three more days!!

Pamela Smerker said...

ooh i love both of these. can't go wrong with a patriotic card and those flip flops in the colors you chose are awesome!!

Kim Gasper said...

I absolutely love both of these cards. The patriotic one is just amazing. I love what you did with the sketch. The one you created for your downline is beautiful. I just love cards with that clean and simple look, but big impact.

P.S. I don't drink margaritas either, but that cute little stamp sure makes it sound good!

Renee said...

Wonderful card LeAnne! I love them both!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful patriotic card - saw it in your gallery at SCS - I love the sandles card - such great soft summery colors!