Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Color & Sketch Challenge






Today's color challenge on Kristina Werner's blog was a delicious combination:
  • Very Vanilla
  • Soft Sky
  • Chocolate Chip
  • Close to Cocoa
Yum yum!! I combined it with today's SCS sketch challenge, and although the card was fun to make, it was hard to photograph!! It really looks better IRL! I hope you can get a good look at it in the closeup view!
The folded Soft Sky base is 4 x 8 1/2", stamped with Tres Chic also in Soft Sky, with an edge folded back. I covered the front edge with some striped ribbon from Michaels. I stamped the large flower from Looks Like Spring in each of the colors, and also stamped the small flower trio as well. I cut & punched them out (why did they retire that punch?) and mounted them on the fold. But before I did that, I added some sparkly brads in the centers of the flowers. They are just regular silver brads on which I stuck a mini glue dot. I then kind of smooshed the glue dot around the head of the brad and dipped it in SU's new colored glitter. Voila! Sparkly brads in about 30 seconds!! I finished the card by stamping the flowers from Boho Backgrounds in Soft Sky on a piece of Very Vanilla that I had scalloped with my corner rounder and adhered this to the inside back edge of the card. I do need some birthday cards, so I went ahead and stamped a sentiment on the front of the card in Chocolate Chip. My feeling is that the flowers are in too straight of a line, I feel like they need to be more randomly spaced, but it is done now! Thanks for looking!
Stamps: Boho Backgrounds, Tres Chic, Looks Like Spring, It's Your Birthday
Paper: Soft Sky, Very Vanilla
Ink: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Acc: Brads, Glitter, Mini Glue Dots, 3 Flower Punch, Ribbon, Pop Up Glue Dots, Corner Rounder, Dauber

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your challenge card today is gorgeous, LeAnne!! I bet it took you forever to cut out all those flowers! It looks fabulous & I love everything that you've done with this. As always....NICE JOB!!!

Wendy

Renee said...

Wow! Look at you! This turned out fantastic :) Great job.

Kim said...

I love the card and the colors! It looks like you got your creative mojo back :-)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful LeAnne! I love the layers of flowers... so pretty!

Tanja said...

Whoa! This card is beautiful! I love your attention to detail! This is great!

Denise Marzec said...

Ooooooh...that's really pretty!REALLY great color combo. I love blues with browns. I think it's really calming.

...gonna have to try this color combo for sure!

Traveling Mama said...

Super cute card! Love the flowers! TFS!

Kathleen said...

These are the colors I have in my bedroom---your card is beautiful---I'd love to do this challenge, but I don't have the soft sky *GASP*--very cute!

Deanna said...

Very pretty card!