Thursday, April 17, 2008

Patriotic Baby



I needed a baby card and wanted to do something a little different from the ordinary pastel colors, so I chose red, white & blue. I had received all these nice Swiss Dots embossed cardstock pieces from my friend Anne, so I took one that she had partially embossed and in the blank area, embossed a little blanket-stitched square from the CB Stitched Squares folder. (She also did an excellent job embossing two lines with her new Scor-Pal and I feel bad covering them up!! Sorry!) Inside the square, I stamped the rattle from Holiday Blitz in Brilliant Blue, then again on a scrap in Real Red, cut out the top part & mounted it on top of my original image. I added a sentiment from Nursery Necessities, then tied some wide red grosgrain ribbon around the white and added a red gingham layer and tied it in a bow. I hope it doesn't seem too girly with a bow!!! This was a real quick easy card (whew!) and I hope the family enjoys it! And sorry about the shadow on the card....it's the best I can do at night!







7 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Love pastels, but I like the primary colors as something different...it's a beautiful card!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

*gasp* LeAnne, this is ADORABLE! Love the colors, and the embossing... especially the little square! I have those mini-folders and can never find a good way to use them! You rocked this one!

Kim said...

Adorable and PERFECT for a boy! I just ordered the swiss dot folder and have the Scor-Pal, so I may be trying this! Thanks for the inspiration :-) Now, who is taking vitamins????

CeeCee said...

Oh, how cool is that card! It's a unique baby boy card. I love it!
Thanks for visiting my blog too. I'll definitely come back to yours :-)
Have a super day!
CC

Renee said...

This is so cute! Love the simplicity and the cuttlebug!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

I like how you embossed that page, it's simple but what a statement!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love these simple cards. What did we do before the CB folders were available?
Hugs,
Colleen, aka kroppykat