Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Real Simple Shabby Chic


I came across Lori's blog, The Diva Stamper, and her challenge from the cover of Real Simple magazine. I had some pretty Basic Grey LilyKate paper, so I decided to play, using today's SCS Sketch Challenge as well. I really need to get out of my watercoloring rut, but it's so much fun!
I stamped my image once on River Rock, then again on watercolor paper. I colored the image, cut it out & adhered it with dimensionals on the River Rock image. I used Kraft as my base for the card as well as the image, distressing it with the edge of my quilting ruler. I added some wide satin chocolate chip ribbon, some lace from my sewing rag bag and I aged my pink gingham by daubering it with River Rock. I left the sentiment off so I can add it when I need a specific card. Thanks for visiting!
Stamps: Touch of Nature
Paper: Kraft, River Rock, Watercolor, Basic Grey LilyKate
Ink: Stazon Black, Pretty in Pink, Cameo Coral, More Mustard, River Rock
Acc: Aquapainters, Ribbons, Sponge Duaber, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Lori Rider said...

LeAnne, this is just beautiful! I love your shabby chic style and you can never go wrong with Basic Grey. Your watercoloring is beautiful so I see no reason you should stop! Thank you so much for playing my challenge today!

Denise Marzec said...

This is sooooooo pretty! Love everything about it.

...oh, and I left you a little award on my blog to say thanks for making me smile. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the lace on this! It gives the card such a great texture and look. Very pretty.

Janine said...

This is soooo pretty!!!

Joanne said...

Hi LeAnne. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I would be thrilled to have you add me to your links! I have only the time to look at a couple of pages of your blog right now, but will be back for more later! Love your cards that I have seen so far - especially this one, and ones in the two posts below it. I'd like to add your blog to my links as well if that's ok with you?