Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New Technique, New Challenge from Kristina Werner

Here's her inspiration:
Stampin' Up! Colors are: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Bashful Blue & Close to Cocoa

Here's a fun new thing for you to try: Ribbon Weaving. I was checking out Kristina Werner's blog and she always has some cute video tutorials, especially on "Make a Card Monday"! So I decided to try her latest inspiration challenge because I love these colors, along with the ribbon weaving. Not sure if I really like all the squares and circles going on here, but it was a lot of fun to do! Click on the photo for a close-up! Then you give it a try!
Stamps: Green Thumb (Papertrey)
Paper: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Shimmery White, Basic Grey LilyKate
Ink: Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa
Acc: Grosgrain Ribbons

10 comments:

airbornewife said...

Wow.. this is an awesome card ~ love the ribbon weaving.

thanks for sharing, Pam

Katie said...

Wow...you're so patient to do ribbon weaving with so many ribbons and colors! I love the look of it though! And paired with the Papertrey...perfect!

Denise Marzec said...

Oooooooh, I love these colors together....and your ribbon weaving is fantastic!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGOSH! LeAnne this turned out fabulous!!! You did a fantastic job on the ribbon weaving! I must give that a try sometime! Great, great card!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne...WOW!! Love the ribbon weaving. I check out Kristina's MAM, too. I'll have to try this technique soon. It looks great!! ~smoo

Anonymous said...

I love the ribbon weaving with the smaller width ribbon -- it looks like a quilt!

Deanna said...

Great job! That looks like a lot of work! I have that paper and didn't even know it, now I can't wait to use it!

Kim said...

Wow, that is amazing. That must have taken some time to do! Adorable :-)

Renee said...

Wow! I love it! Awsome job :)

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Love it! :-)