Monday, April 7, 2008

Double Ribbon Challenge


Today's SCS challenge was to use "stacked" ribbons. Now, out of all the ribbons I have, I just couldn't come up with anything too, too original!! I have to work on this some more, I think I am "overthinking" it! Anyway, I had fun watercoloring my image, so it wasn't a total loss. I do need to make some guy birthday cards, so I better quit foolin' around here and get to work!!
This image is one of my favorite retired SU sets called Garden Pleasures. I used three images from the set; the little toad was stamped, then masked so the watering can would be behind him. He sort of looks like he is climbing the side of the can, so just don't look too close!! The images are stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Earth Element inks and an aquapainter. My ribbon is two layers of grosgrain in chocolate and artichoke, tied with some hemp from SU. The card is mounted on Really Rust that has been sponged with Chocolate Chip, and then mounted on a piece of DP from Paper Loft called Herb Garden.....how appropriate! Don't forget, you can click on the picture to see more details! Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Great job with the watercoloring. I love the images! I am no good at watercoloring, I could use a lesson or two on that, but you did a beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

Cute card! Wonderful watercoloring, and I love the paper you sponged and the dp you used! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Deena

Stamp With Linz said...

Wow, what a fabulous water-colorer you are! So talented! Love the blog...

Julia Aston said...

I love that stamp set with the cute pots - wonderful job masking for the frog - love your double ribbon tied with hemp!