Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Glittery Birthday


Well, I think this week I should have just stuck to cleaning my stamp room. My stamping creativity has gone into hiding!!! I struggled again with today's SCS challenge. Every time I tried something, that tilted oval just looked like a big fat egg. I had been playing with my new Chunky Glitter for my stamp club on Friday, and I had a gorgeous red chipboard flower made, which I wanted to incorporate into my card. I wish you could see it IRL! (Click on the pic for a better view.) But as simple as this card is, it was a looooong road getting there! I wanted to use all SU products so I can also post it on my demo website, and I kept turning to renegade stamp sets that were littered all over my table!!! Anyway, here it is and that's the end of my stamping for today. I am exhausted! I will say, I put all my Nestabilities in CD cases with magnetic strips, eliminating a lot of clutter, which is something I had been wanting to do for a while!! A small success! Thanks to Debbie Olson for that great idea.
Stamps: It's Your Birthday, Sweet Shapes
Paper: Bashful Blue, Summer Picnic DP, Certainly Celery, WW
Ink: Real Red, Certainly Celery
Acc: Chipboard Flower, Chunky Glitter, Glue, Gel Pen, Nestabilities

4 comments:

Becky Carafa said...

It turned out great! Great idea for the nesties also, might have to try that!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

This card makes me think of the Wizard of Oz, I think it's the red glitter, LOL! ;-) Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I looked at your cards and I really love your coloring, waow1 :-)

joslyn said...

very cute card. maybe you will like it better tomorrow. sometime that happens to me.

Tracy said...

Your stamping creativity may have come across to NZ and taken mine for a holiday... its been ages since I have posted anything... you still make beautiful cards without it.