Thursday, May 1, 2008

A New Sketch Challenge


My blogging friend Tammy challenged me to a challenge! She would come up with the sketch and I could choose the colors! I love reading Tammy's blog, Stamp Happy, so I was excited to participate with her! I was even more excited when I learned she has a card published in a magazine! You can read about it on her blog! Way to go, Tammy! The colors I chose were: Ballet Blue, Certainly Celery and Barely Banana. I am doing a workshop soon and I wanted to use my Nursery Necessities set, so I thought I would get in some practice! The moon and star were stamped in craft ink, then sprinkled with Heat & Stick powder and heat set just until they got shiny. Then I covered them with Dazzling Diamonds glitter and heat set them again. The H&S powder really does a good job when you want full coverage. The sentiment is embossed with clear EP, and the image has faux stitching all around. Hope you enjoy it! It was a fun challenge! Thanks Tammy!
Stamps: Nursery Necessities
Paper: Ballet Blue, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Barely Banana
Ink: Craft Ballet Blue & Barely Banana, Cert Celery
Acc: Ribbon, Paper Piercer, White Gel Pen, Star Punch, DD Glitter, Heat & Stick Powder, Clear EP, Heat Tool, White Thread, Dimensional













10 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh LeAnne, how cute!!! I love the star hanging from the moon, and the glitter looks awesome! I do not use my H&S powder... I think maybe I ought to pull it out sometime soon since you made it look so great!

Thanks for the fun! Looking forward to our next challenge!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhh how pretty, LeAnne!!! I too love how your star hangs down from the moon! Too cool! I have Heat & Stick Powder but don't think i've ever used it! Since hubby will be away all weekend....I will have to pull it out and use it!! Thanks for the challenge! LOL Now, back to your card....I LOVE it! Those colors are fabulous and Tammy designed a great sketch! Looks like fun!! TFS

Happy Thursday!!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Leanne, This is just too cute!!! The hanging star is just a great accent... I need a baby card and this is it!!! Now, off to stamp.

Lauren (mytime) said...

OH! I adore the hanging star all glitterfied! AWESOME!

Deborasays said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborasays said...

WOW LeAnne - what a wonderful card. Gives me an idea what to make for a baby shower coming up. I too love the little star hanging from the moon.

I know Tammy personally and when I cannot make our monthly card making session, I feel as if something is missing. She always challenges me!

You stepped up to the desk, and completed a gorgeous example of what we can do when "challenged!"

Joanne said...

Love this card LeAnne! The colours look great together, and really like the star hanging off the moon, and the glitter.

Denise Marzec said...

I love the dangling star!!! Too cute!!

Anonymous said...

This is simply beautiful! LOVE all the glitter!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a sweet, sweet card! LOVE that hanging star! So cute!