Friday, April 11, 2008

Goldfinch of Happiness


You've all heard of the bluebird of happiness.....well, this is the goldfinch of happiness. This card is for Beate's Weekend Sketch. I love birds and I can't believe I had never inked up this stamp! The image from Touch of Nature was stamped on watercolor paper with Stazon, then colored in with my aquapainter and inks. The card base is Always Artichoke, 4 1/4" square. The DP is Porcelain Prints that has been lightly stamped with the swirl from Baroque Motifs in Always Artichoke; the sentiment is from Summer by the Sea. I added some stitched-looking rub-ons from Cherished Memories in the empty space.Two black brads and some non-SU wide grosgrain ribbon behind my image finished the card. Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne. Love this set and love the colors. Great coloring. Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

LeAnne this is gorgeous!! I love this sweet image... Beautifully done!

Linsey R said...

Oh, what a beauty! I think this bird is so very lovely and you've colored him beautifully! What gorgeous dp's and ribbon too! Superb card, I love it!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors and your coloring!

Lori said...

This is so pretty! I really like how you stamped over the patterned paper.

Jenn said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne. You did fantastic coloring the bird.

Anonymous said...

Love the little Birdie :) Camille