Monday, April 28, 2008

A Really Fun Challenge



I loved today's challenge at SCS! What a fun card to make....so many possibilities on this one, I know I will use it a lot! This card is pretty straightforward, no special techniques other than distressing one side of the diagonal. Since I have a lot of nautical-loving guys in my DH's family, I can see me using this set from Impression Obsession a lot! I used a little clip from my Hodgepodge Hardware to keep the card closed, and added a small piece of twill fastened with a matching brad, just for some interest. I have left the inside blank so I can stamp a sentiment when I need one. I think this is a versatile set that could be used for lots of occasions! Thanks for looking!

Stamps: Nautical (Impression Obsession), TresChic, Winds of Grace
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Soft Sky, River Rock, Confetti White, Western Sky DP
Ink: Not Quite Navy Craft & Classic, River Rock, Soft Sky
Acc: Distresser, Antique Brass HPH, Twill, Sponge Dauber


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool! I love this!!!!!

Jetstudio Designs said...

I like your card, the lighthouse is wonderful!

Lynn Put said...

This is fantastic! I love the stamp set you used and how you latched your card closed with the hardware and twill, great idea!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! The nautical theme seems to work so well with this fun card style!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This turned out fabulous! I just love the nautical feel! Beautifully done! :D

Ashley said...

Oh, How beautiful!!! I love this card so much!!! Hugs, Ash~
www.ashleyscreativecorner.com

Unknown said...

I love the look of this card LeAnne!
Great Job!
:) Carolynn

Stephanie said...

Love this, love your blog, I have given you an award. Pop over to my blog to find out more about it!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

This is SO FUN! I am really feeling the ocean looking at this - wishing I was smelling that sweet (salty) air!

Denise Marzec said...

Love, Love, LOVE these nautical-themed cards!!! Keep 'em coming!