Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Favorite Challenge


One of my favorite stampers, Silke, aka Sparklegirl, is the Featured Stamper today at SCS! Her designs and layouts are clean, crisp & beautiful! I chose this one to copy because my image from 100 Proof Press is so large. This is the first time I've used this stamp, so I am still "trying it out"! The actual image is stamped in Close to Cocoa, then overstamped lightly in So Saffron with the Linen stamp. I changed a few other elements around, I hope you like it! Click on the photo for a closer look. Be sure to check out her gallery and get a few ideas for yourself!
Stamps: 100 Proof Press, Linen
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Basic Grey Fruitcake and Stella Ruby, Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red
Ink: Close to Cocoa, So Saffron
Acc: Hodgepodge Hardware, Ribbon, Linen Thread, Sponge Dauber, Distresser

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhh super cool card, LeAnne! I love how you overstamped it in the Linen. That just makes it pop. Silke has such a wonderful gallery....i'm gonna go find something to case later today. LOL You did a nice job on this card! TFS

PS. It raining now with thunder & lightening so I hope you enjoyed our weather the last few days. It sure was gorgeous!!
Also, you are welcome to add me to your blog roll call..i'd like to add you to mine as well. :)

Happy Sunday!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the earthy colors you used for/with this image. Perfection.

Denise Marzec said...

I just saw this on SCS, but had to come over here to give you a shout too. This is GORGEOUS!...reminds me of a sunset. All these beach, water, summery cards your making lately are FANTASTIC!!! Keep it up, lady!

Janine said...

Very pretty!

Julia Aston said...

I love this stamp with the children fishing silhouette - your colors are wonderful on this LeAnne!

Renee said...

Gorgeous card! You did a great job with the FS! She had a great gallery to!

Maren said...

So pretty! Love that image and layout! Great case!