Friday, April 25, 2008

Earth Day/Recycle/Scrap Challenge





















I actually made this card BEFORE today's SCS Challenge to make a card using some scraps from your table!! This glittery chipboard flower had been originally been on THIS card but fell prey to a little liquid mishap during stamp club---oops! I was able to salvage the chipboard and it was sitting there all lonely, so I decided to "recycle" it in honor of Earth Day. I used a piece of Summer Picnic DP I had tossed to the side along with a piece of wide Real Red grosgrain. For fun I wanted to see if I could emboss something on the ribbon, so I stamped "sweet" from Sweet Shapes in white EP, and it worked! The image is not perfectly clear because of the ribbed-ness (I know that's not a word!) of the ribbon, but it is still pretty cute. I think I may use this for my niece's college grad card. And I am feeling good because I recycled something, even if it's not "green"! TFL!
Stamps: Sweet Shapes
Paper: WW, Real Red, Summer Picnic DP
Ink: Whisper White Craft
Acc: WW EP, Ribbon, Chipboard, Tombow Glue, SU's Real Red Glitter, PopUp Glue Dot

4 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Yay, the glittery chipboard flower found a new home!! Love the sparkle and the DP, LeAnne. Great card!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a fun card! Love all that sparkle! :D

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love it1 Seems like it was made for this card! Beautiful clean design...really lets the sparkle shine!

Anonymous said...

Oh how purdyyyyy! Love the sparkle of the glittery flower. So cool! And your rub on applied to the ribbon is wonderful! I will have to try that! Nice job!