Saturday, April 5, 2008

Color Blocking



Sharon Johnson's challenges are always fun. This week was Color Blocking. You know how you have one idea in your head, and it turns out totally different! That's how my first card started (the blue & green one)! I did another one and although I like the first one, the second one is my favorite in its simplicity (the caramel, guava & pomegranate one)!! The colors were chosen based on the ribbon alone--I would never have put these colors together! See how you like them! (Remember you can click on the photos for a really nice close view of that yummy ribbon!)
Stamps: Holiday Blitz, Mixed Message by Papertrey
Paper: WW, DP Slab from Michaels, Purely Pomegranate, Creamy Caramel, Groovy Guava, Confetti Tan, Green Galore, Ballet Blue
Ink: Ballet Blue, Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava
Acc: Ribbons from Michaels, Rhinestones, Markers, DD Glitter

6 comments:

Becky Carafa said...

These are both terrific, but I really like the present one. It's just so striking in it's simplicity!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

These are just wonderful -- I love them both!!! I LOVE the printed DP on the blue one and I LOVE the ribbon on the other one!!! Two great cards -- and isn't this a simple techinque to fall back on from time to time -- I love it!!! I'm so glad you played AND got 2 cards done!!! Thanks so much!!!

craftsbyjodi said...

great cards... love the effect of them and the ribbons are fab. I am addicted to ribbons!!!! I haven't been up to much card making at the moment but when I do get back into it I'll be making a project like this. We are buying our 1st house so it's exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous LeAnne! Love your colours, your mix of cardstock and DP...beautiful!

Julia Aston said...

I love both of your cards LeAnne - the color blocks are great and the small framed images set them off just right!

Kelly said...

I love both cards! The ribbons on each are fabulous! Your color blocking is great too. Glad I found your blog. :)