Friday, April 18, 2008

Symphony on the Beach


Well, it is hot & sunny here in PA today, and I am thinking about the beach!! I just got a new stamp set called Nautical from Impression Obsession, and I The challenge today at SCS was to do a long skinny card, so I happened to have a piece of textured Sage Shadow that fit the bill, so this is what I came up with. It is actually about 3"x8", so it will fit into a business-sized envelope. I like the colors I used EXCEPT for the long skinny seaweedy thing in Barely Banana. Yuk. But I didn't feel like starting over, so it's in there! I love the sentiment and thanks to Carrie, I got reacquainted with my SU distresser!! Check out this posting on her blog--which is awesome, by the way---I was amazed at how "distressed" her layers were!! I thought distressing would add to the sea-worn look of this card, so away I went. (Mine still aren't as good as hers!) I also added some retired linen Magic Mesh (I hope you can see it) to sort of look like fishnet. I think I could use this card for one of many occasions! TFL! Remember you can click on the photo for a really good look!
Stamps: Nautical (Impression Obsession), Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Textured Sage Shadow, Naturals Ivory, Bordering Blue
Ink: Bordering Blue, Sage Shadow, Lavender Lace, Barely Banana, Sahara Sand
Acc: SU Distresser, Sponge Dauber, Pastels

5 comments:

Renee said...

Very pretty...I love the softness and the colors!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!!! I love the mesh that you added and the colors are wonderful! Nice job!!

Enjoy this weather while it lasts!
Have a great weekend!
Wendy

Bunny B said...

Gorgeous card! I love it! Def the perfect beach card :)

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Where was this et when I was looking for one! LOL I ended up buying just the sand dollar, I used it for a card with resist which I really liked.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.