Friday, April 4, 2008

Country Red


Today's card is for the SCS Limited Supply challenge, which I LOVED!! I want to do about ten more of them, because you could only use ONE color, plus white! The simplicity of just having one color is something that is just very freeing--you don't have to try to coordinate colors, just choose your images and go to it. There were lots of wonderful cards in the gallery--and some nice bright RED ones, so I chose Real Red for mine. (I know the images look a little pink in the photo, but it is all red!). The images are from a retired set called Country Collection, another $1 yard sale find! Woohoo! I stamped them in Real Red and added just a touch of ink here and there with my blender pen. The DP is Summer Picnic and a small piece from Rob & Bob's Holiday Slab. The polka dotted piece is actually adhered to the inside bottom of the card and the outside is scalloped with my corner rounder. A tiny little sentiment from PTI's Mixed Messages (love that set!) is added to my red gingham ribbon. AND I got to use my brand-new square Nestabilities!!!
Thanks for looking!

Stamps: Country Collection (retired SU) Mixed Message (Papertrey)
Paper: WW, Summer Picnic DP, Real Red, Rob & Bob Holiday Slab
Ink: Red Red
Acc: Corner Rounder, Real Red Gingham, Circle Punches, Nestabilities Square Scallop, Blender Pen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is totally adorable! I love the layout, all the scalloped edges and the ribbon! LaurieF

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful job with this challenge. Such a pretty card. I never think to use just one color. I love all your details with the scallops and papers. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog, it's always nice to meet new people. :)

Julia Aston said...

I love these three images and all your layers, especially the scalloped one - great colors!