Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Little Pickup


One thing about surfing stampers' blogs is all the cool people you "meet". One of those is Tammy, over at Stamp Happy. I think her personality probably matches her blog name! Anyway, she has offered a challenge and you can see it and her blog here. I needed a get well card today so I thought I would do one to fulfill the challenge. My husband is self-employed and has his health insurance through the VA. I have "retired", so I don't have any insurance. Through some reading in Christian publications, I found out about Samaritan Ministries. It is not an insurance company, but a company that helps other Christians share their medical needs. I have a monthly payment, but instead of going to a mega-insurance company, it is sent directly to a person or family who currently has a medical need. It is a really neat concept; if you or someone you know could benefit from this, please check their website. So my monthly share was due and I wanted to send a card with some encouraging words along with my check. Here's my card, I hope you like it! I turned Tammy's sketch sideways to better accommodate my image and I used some hoarded jumbo eyelets!! Now I'm off to send my card!
Stamps: Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories, Dotted Lines Jumbo Wheel
Paper: River Rock, Confetti White, Ruby Red, Night of Navy, Tim Holtz License Plates
Ink: Stazon, Creamy Caramel
Acc: Aquapainters, WC Crayons, Nestabilities, Jumbo Pewter Eyelets, Pewter HPH, Cropadile





4 comments:

Darlene said...

This card is ADORABLE!!! Great job! And, yes, I'm happy to say Tammy is a friend of mine and she is a wonderful, generous, fun loving person with a personality to match!!! Glad you played her challenge . . . I'm headed to the craftroom to do the same! And check our your blog!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, this is too, too cute! I LOVE the license plates, and the sketch looks really neat turned on it's side! That's not something I often remember to do! Thank you so much for playing along, and thanks also for sharing the Samaritan Fund story! That is such a wonderful program! :) Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love this! The license plate dp and the jumbo eyelets work so well here!
Deena

Julia Aston said...

Love the license plate DP - perfect for your truck card! love the dotted lines bg - great little card LeAnne!