Monday, April 14, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake





I want to share with you something I think is totally amazing! One of my customers, MaryAnne, is just about the craftiest person I know. Whenever I go to her house, she always has something cookin'--it might be on the stove, in her stamp/craft room, or on her sewing machine! She IS a machine--a craft machine!! And she always shares---she is always giving me goodies! So she called me excitedly and asked me to come look at something she had made. And here it is. A cake! Maybe some of you have already seen this, but I hadn't. And this is one of MANY she has made! The first one I saw had cut out flowers and "Happy Birthday" embossed on top. Just incredible! And besides being fun to look out, each cake "piece" opens up and she puts a little goodie inside for the recipient. The possibilities are endless! The pattern for the piece can be found at Victorine Originals. So she really didn't GIVE me the cake (LOL) but she graciously let me borrow it to photograph it. Thanks, MaryAnne!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this cake idea. My birthday is coming up, I could make my own cake...I suppose. But chocolate would be better!!!
Thanks for commenting on my blog. Your blog is fab too!
hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an amazing idea! Imagine what she could do with these for wedding favors! Thanks for sharing!
Deena

Denise Marzec said...

Oh, this is SOOOO creative and beautiful!!

Janine said...

THIS IS AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing this!

~amy~ said...

WOWZA! What a gorgeous creation!!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

this is just the "awesomest cake" i have ever seen stamped and decorated !!!!love it !!!
tfs:)
chat