Monday, May 12, 2008

Dad's Cabin



I have been itching to use this Dad's Outdoors stamp set from H & M Stamps since I got it last week. Be sure to check them out, they're having a sale!!! My dad and brother built a cabin where my parents lived until my dad retired and moved to the Delaware shore. Conveniently, my brother was getting married so he & his wife moved into the cabin. It is on the property right behind me (think over the river and through the woods) so I see them and the cabin often! I know this set will get lots of use, especially since my SIL loves to collect outhouses as well!!! This was colored using the Drunken Watercolor method. Also, the striped paper is not really pink IRL....the color just will not photo correctly! TFL!
Stamps: Dad's Outdoors (H&M), IBBG
Paper: Old Olive, Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey Stella Ruby
Ink: Palette Noir, Old Olive, many Earth Element colors
Acc: Vintage Brads, Distresser, Aquapainter, Rubbing Alcohol

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card and what a perfectly wonderful set for you to use.

Erin... said...

great card!! love the background!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Nice card! Love the background with the boots and fishing poles. Pretty paper too. That stamp is fun, it's always great to use new stamps. Thanks for joining in our challenge. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome card, LeAnne! I really like that set! TFS

Wendy

Mary said...

Great card! I really need to get some masculine stamps.

Kathleen said...

I really like this card--I do have a hard time with the masculine cards. This turned out so nice.

Heather said...

Beautiful card LeAnne! Love the colors and your coloring, such a fun man's card!