Thursday, May 15, 2008

Get Your Magnifying Glass Out!!!

I was excited about doing today's SCS Challenge--to use "inchies". Inchies are just small images an inch square. Well, I had an idea in my head, but when I actually got the stamp out, the image and the border were a little larger than an inch. Oh well, I still think it's cute, and it is from my favorite retired set, Garden Pleasures. Actually, I don't think I ever inked this stamp up, and bees and beehives are one of my favorite things!!! Not when they sting, but I love to watch them in my garden. This also qualifies for Sketch #44 from Sketches by Tamara.



This tiny little image is stamped on watercolor paper and colored with markers, blender pen and aquapainter. I also added a little shadow around the image itself. It is mounted on a Nestabilities diecut rectangle. The DP is Basic Grey Lily Kate; the design was actually white on brown, and I used a dauber tp add So Saffron to the whole piece of paper to warm up the brown and alter the white to more of a gold color. Since SU is retiring the Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware (grrrrr) I decided I'd better stop hoarding it! So I used it and some twill to add my little sentiment from PTI's Mixed Messages. To get a really good look, click on the photo. I wish my photos were a bit clearer, this looks so much better IRL! Thanks for stopping by!
Stamps: Garden Pleasures, Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: So Saffron, Watercolor, Always Artichoke, BG LilyKate
Ink: Stazon, Sahara Sand, Earth Elements, So Saffron
Acc: Earth Elements markers, Aquapainter, Blender Pen, HPH, Twill, Word Window Punch, Nesties, Dauber


11 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

LeAnne, this is SO cute, and I especially love how you staged the photo! Great idea!

BTW, guess what I finally started doing last night? Stamping images for you! LOL I may get it done eventually! I'll bet you're tired of waiting for me!

Have a great day, my friend!

Christina Fischer said...

Wow -- that little image makes a big statement! I love your coloring and the simple design of the card -- beautiful!

Tamara Wheeler said...

wow, I really love it! Thanks for using one of my sketches! I hope you will come back next week for the next one.

Unknown said...

Wow LeAnne!!! This cards is amazing!! I love all the detail on your "inchie"!! So adorable!! Fabulous job!! :)

Renee said...

This is as cute as can be! I love your inchie!! Great job :)

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Your coloring is awesome! Nice job on the Inchies challenge! :)

Wendy

Kathleen said...

OK----I LOVE THIS CARD...and I'm not really into this "inchie" thing, but that is so cute! And I must say, your photo is amazing! Have you written a post about how you take such great shots? I really need some help with that!!!

CeeCee said...

Fantastic coloring on the image!!! love it, love it, LeAnne!
CC

Paula said...

Oh, I just love this cute little image and the whole card. Your color choices are beautiful!

Bonnie said...

This is fabulous! Your colouring of all that itty bitty detail is awesome....I know what you mean about glasses - mine are on then off then on then off then on - you get the picture.....LOL!

Julia Aston said...

This is beautiful LeAnne! what a fab job you did on the coloring of that cute little image! It looks terrific with the framing you did and on the large brown BG - super job!