Friday, May 23, 2008

Updated Oopsie

New Kitchen Sink Challenge

In my last post here, I said this card fulfilled the Kitchen Sink In the Garden Challenge....but I forgot I was only allowed to use KS stamps! And I had used a SU stamp. So I redid it, plus I wanted to fill you in a bit on how I did the image. This KS stamp is a 3-step stamp, so after I stamped my three images, I stamped the first image again on a post-it note and cut it out to make a mask. I placed the mask over my stamped image and stamped the leaves, then removed the mask. Then I stamped the ladybug in red & black. I took a clear yogurt lid and laid it over my image, and using my craft knife, cut around the lid, stopping where there was a leaf. Then I cut the leaves out by hand. I gave the flower a shadow by using my pastels and a q-tip; then I daubered the edges of my scallop circle to add a little depth. I thought the bottom right corner looked a little plain, so I added some punchouts, which will also qualify this for today's SCS Challenge--No Hardware!! I wanted my sentiment to be lined up a little differently so that it would fit the white space, so I actually cut it apart, so now I can align it any way I want! The beauty of clear stamps!
Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

sweet card! I *love* your colors!

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome! Great idea to use a lid for the circle and then hand cut the leaves for the out-of-box technique. VERY pretty card!

...it also qualifies for Sharon's (notimetostamp) challenge yesterday, which was to use a bug on a card. :)

Renee said...

This is just gorgeous! You did a great job :)

The Rubber Maid said...

Outstanding card ! Love how the ladybug seems to really shine. Your coloring is awesome.TFS and also for stopping by my blog. Pat

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautiful card LeAnne! I just love your work with this daisy! :D

Anonymous said...

OMGosh...How PRETTY!!!!!!!!! Love the colors and everything about it. Nice job!

Wendy

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Very nice, love that color combo, soft and cheery at the same time. Fresh! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is pretty! I love these KSS stamps, especially this set. Your color combo is so sweet and fresh. What a beautiful card!

Maureen said...

Really pretty!! Love the colors you used and how the leaves extend out of the circle!