Monday, May 12, 2008

Soft Bayou


I had this card in mind for two challenges, today's Embossed Watercolor challenge as well as Beate's weekend sketch challenge. Well, I missed the deadline for the weekend challenge, but I still liked the layout, so I made it anyway! I was hankering to use the beautiful paper that Billie sent me, especially the one that had been CB'd with Swiss Dots, so I based my card and its colors on that. The flower from Touch of Nature is stamped in Versamark on Shimmery White cardstock and embossed in black EP, then colored with an aquapainter using Soft Sky and Blue Bayou ink. I really like using the Shimmery White for watercoloring; it doesn't pill and it accepts the ink very nicely. The center is More Mustard. The base is Blue Bayou, the DPs are Soft Sky Prints. I added some retired organdy ribbon and just as I was adding the sentiment from Papertrey, my mail came from Kitchen Sink Stamps with my Dewdrops!!! (VERY fast service, I might add!!) So I added them too. This will go to my little elderly lady I used to care for, who is now in a nursing home. Her birthday is coming up and I know she will like this! Feel free to click on the photo for a nice closer view!
Stamps: Touch of Nature, Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: Blue Bayou, Shimmery White, Basic Black, Soft Sky Prints, Unknown Shimmery Soft Sky
Ink: Versamark, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou
Acc: Markers, Dew Drops, Nestabilites, Small Oval Punch, 1/8" Circle Punch, Organdy Ribbon, thread, Crystal Effects

6 comments:

Renee said...

This turned out beautiful! Love it love it love it!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful LeAnne! Love all the blues and your flower is gorgeous! Love your take on Beate's sketch.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne and three cheers for Kitchen Sink Stamps! :)

Denise Marzec said...

I just LOVE how you turned Beate's sketch...looks fantastic! Love those colors too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful watercoloring, LeAnne!!!
Looks great with that beautiful , shimmery paper!! LOL!!!
Love the color combo!! Great job!!!
Billie

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful!