Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sweet Strawberries




I have had these seed packet templates for a while--you know how it is, you just forget you have stuff! I got them from this blog; I believe they are still available. She actually made little pocket cards, but I just like to make them into a regular card because I am basically lazy. The image is printed on my computer onto SU Whisper White cardstock, so you can stamp in the white area, but you cannot color with a blender pen or aquapainter around any of the black printed areas, because it will run. To get the different colors on the strawberry (click on them to see a closer pic), I inked them up in Regal Rose, then outlined them with either a Rose Red or Bravo Burgundy marker. I tapped the edge of the inky rubber a little with a dauber to blend the areas, and then stamped. So after I stamped & masked my strawberries, paper pieced their little caps, masked them again & stamped the swirls & polka dots, I used my pastels to color in the border of the seed packet. Finally, I made a rectangular mask and highlighted around the edge of my image with a sponge dauber and Barely Banana ink, also shadowing a little under the berries themselves. I mounted the whole thing on a piece of Rose Red cardstock which was then mounted on a piece of green Porcelain Prints DP, and then on a white card. I added some black gingham and 3 little red brads for the finishing touches. Oh, and I also made little lines on their caps with a white gel pen! Thanks for looking!
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Sweet Shapes, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: WW, Porcelain Prints DP, Rose Red
Ink: Regal Rose, Barely Banana, Cert. Celery, Garden Green

Acc: Gingham Ribbon, Brads, Daubers, gel pen, Pastels

7 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Love this! Very cute card!

Kathleen said...

This is soooo cute---I can't believe it's a hybrid--I really think it looks cool---and it would be fun to use it for giving some strawberries or something....of course, I'd have to have that strawberry stamp, now wouldn't I??

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh, this is totally cute! Thanks for the link...I feel a case coming on!

Kim said...

So adorable! Great job :-)

Renee said...

So cute! I love the seed packet! Great job!

kathleenh said...

Oh my word, this is adorable! I just love this card on the seed template!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh....I love your card, LeAnne!! Ya know yesterday I went through my box of RAK images and found a whole slew of these seed packet templates that I had printed out last summer and thought I needed to use these soon. LOL Great minds think alike! You have inspired me once again to use these and just maybe tomorrow I can use them on some notebooks! TFS Your card is so sweet! Yummy!

Happy Friday!!
Wendy