Saturday, May 31, 2008

I'm Back!

Well, it feels like I've been gone for  a long time...silly, I know!  Just a day or so. I helped my cousin and his family set up a very fashionable wedding yesterday and today.  Yesterday was beautiful, today: rain, rain, rain.  Although right now the sun is shining beautifully, so the reception should be okay.  But more about that in a few days.

First I wanted to share with you a sweet card I got from one of my talented customers, Linda:

Linda's card She used Soft Sky cardstock and Prints DP along with silver and Soft Sky inks!  So pretty!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Second, this is for Sharon's ssnotime37 challenge--to use black and white and one color.  This is really not my favorite card...I just don't know what I am going to use it for!!!  I used black, white and silver.  I had some cool Mat Stack DP with a glitter design that kind of looked like fireworks to me, so I used it with the star from All Through the Year and a little $1 stamp from Michaels, both embossed in silver.  I added a retired star eyelet and some silver cord to finish it off.  I still want to do a plain b&w card because I like the look of it.

ssnotime challenge 05-30-08 

Finally, I did today's SCS Challenge, a movie-inspired dress.  This is the dress I used as my inspiration.  Unfortunately, none of them really inspired me!!!  But I liked this particular BG paper.   For as simple as this card is, it too WAAAYYY too long to make and equally as long to photo.  Paper is Very Vanilla, DP is Basic Grey LilyKate and Blush Blossom.  Stamps are Verve Visual and although you can't see it, Floral BG is stamped on the bottom in Very Vanilla.  Lace & ribbon are old, old, old from my stash.  The sentiment was inked in Sahara Sand, stamped off, then stamped in Pretty in Pink to get a sort of grayish-pink color.

05-31-08 challenge

4 comments:

Renee said...

Wow these are awesome! I really like the black and white one the most but they both are really pretty :)

Renee said...

LeAnne you've been tagged! Come to my blog to play :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are both wonderful! I really like the pink one! Such a great design! Beautifully done! :D

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

They are both beautiful! I too make many cards that I have no idea what to do with. Yours would be perfect to send to the troops though!

Love the pink "joy" card...would be perfect for a wedding!