Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Quickie Challenge Post

One more post today before I am off to run my errands.  My house smells like rhubarb pie--mmmmm!  This is for today's Color Challenge---Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow & Very Vanilla.  What a wonderful combination!  I wanted to do a simple card and use a stamp that I hadn't used in a long time.  I think "A Tree For All Seasons" was one of the first sets I ever bought!!  It is still a favorite, I just don't use it enough. 

05-27-08 Challenge

Image is stamped in Timber Brown Stazon and watercolored with an aquapainter.  The background is the fern from "A Touch of Nature".  HPH is Antique Brass on Twill Ribbon; the "wish" is from Everyday Flexible Phrases.  The green butterfly (which I am sure is not natural in real life!) has a tiny bit of glitter from my Jelly Roll pen.  And Denise (peanutbee) is really rubbing off on me because I  stamped the tree again on my inside piece.  This card is 3.5 x 5" and will fit in a notecard envelope.  TFL!

05-27-08 Challenge closeup

05-27-08 challenge closeup 2

11 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne! That little tree is cute, and I love the colors! I'll have to remember to try this challenge!

Denise Marzec said...

Holy smokes, lady, this is awesome. Perfect stamp choice to go with these colors, and I love it paired with the twill tape and hardware. Rockin' card!

...and I share a b-day with your cousin too. What do you mean, you don't send Memorial Day cards??!! {wink...I don't either}

Denise Marzec said...

P.S. *LOVE, LOVE, LOVE* the inside stamping. Looks great!

Renee said...

Gorgeous LeAnne! I love these colors! I've had this stamp set for at least 6 mo and haven't used it yet!

Tracy said...

What a cute card. I love the colors. Great job. I might get into my stamp room and do your color challenge tonight

Maren said...

So so pretty!!

Anonymous said...

I saw your card over on SCS on I did a dead stop when I saw this card. I knew it was yours!!!! I love seeing cards made using this set. I own it too and don't think ink ever touched it. (shame on me!) Thanks for inspiring me to pull it out and use it on a card. (maybe today's sketch challenge...stay tuned!) Love your layout and colors with the twill tape added! Nice job, my friend!

Enjoy the "much cooler" weather today!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Great stuff.
I just found your blog and love it.
Look forward to reading more.

Traveling Mama said...

Love this! What great colors!

Kim said...

I just love this card! It is perfect. I love the buckle embellishment. Very creative!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wonderful card LeAnne! Great layout and these colors work perfectly with these stamps! I like how you stamped the inside as well! :D