Monday, May 5, 2008

Back to Stampin'

I am back from my weekend retreat; it was restful but thought-provoking. If you are ever on Long Beach Island, New Jersey, be sure to check out Harvey Cedars Bible Conference. It is a very peaceful place, and the island is not as commercially developed as some shore towns are!! We had a great time! But I am ready to stamp again!

I thought I would take a cue from Tammy at Stamp Happy and try to combine my posts so you aren't getting tons of email!! I hope this works! The first card I want to show you is with an image my SCS friend Anne sent and I am finally getting around to coloring it! I don't know where the image is from but the background paper is Basic Grey's Boxer, the sentiment is from PTI Mixed Message. It was colored with an aquapainter & ink pads, then accented with vintage brads. It was stamped on watercolor paper; the card is Naturals White and Wild Wasabi!
Stamps: Unknown Image, A to Z Accents, PTI Mixed Messages
Paper: Naturals White, Wild Wasabi, Ruby Red, More Mustard, BG Boxer
Ink: Stazon, Misc color ink pads
Acc: Brads


This next one is the card I plan to mass-produce for my men's birthday cards for this month. I always send birthday cards to the adults in my church, and I literally made 4 cards in 10 minutes. The DP is again, Boxer, and I liked the geometric design of it. I stamped the lighthouse in Night of Navy on Confetti White. I was going to mount it on another piece of NON but I pulled out some strips I had left over from another project and decided to use them. Wow, I can use something leftover!! Yippee!! I stamped a little smudge from A to Z Accents on them, mounted the whole thing on a card & was done. EASY!!!
Stamps: Nautical (Impression Obsession), A to Z Accents
Paper: Kraft, Confetti White, Night of Navy, Basic Grey Boxer
Ink: Night of Navy


Finally, this card is for Sharon's weekend challenge: Think Spring, a flowered card in pink & green. I had been wanting to stamp a card with this Papertrey flower, so I thought this would be the perfect time. It's hard to see but there are Stickles on the flower centers--I always forget that I have them, and they look so pretty! Thanks for looking!
Stamps: Green Thumb, Mixed Messages
Paper: Shimmery White, Blush Blossom, WW, Basic Grey Lilykate
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Cert. Celery
Acc: White Taffeta Ribbon, Corner Rounder (with a broken guard-aaahhh), Stickles, Gingham Ribbon


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

All 3 cards, are just so nice, LeAnne! I especially like the masculine card you did with the lighthouse! What a cool man's card! Happy to hear that you had a relaxing weekend. ALways nice to get away! Thanks for sharing your awesome cards!
Have a wonderful Monday!
Wendy

Tammy Hershberger said...

What can I say... I'm brilliant! No, seriously... I had someone unsusbscribe last week and her reason was too many updates! Sorry! Guess she won't know what's she's missing, right?

Gorgeous cards, LeAnne! Love them all, especially your pink and green for Sharon's challenge!

Glad to hear you had a good weekend! :)

Kim said...

Hi LeAnne! Glad to hear you had a restful weekend and it is great to see some more of your creations too :-) They are lovely!
-Kim

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

WOW LeAnne, these are amazing! Sounds like you really stockpiled the creativity on your little break! Love them all, and the pink one is my fav...gotta love pink!

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, LeAnne, these are beautiful! I think my favorite is the one with the unknown bike image with the basic grey paper. Stunning!!

Glad you had a nice weekend getaway!

Anonymous said...

So very pretty!! Thanks for playing:)
Dee Jackson

Renee said...

What a pretty card! You did a great job with the layout!

Renee said...

Love the other 2 cards as well! The bike with the basket is really cute! And the lighthouse and the colors you used are great :)

CeeCee said...

All 3 of these cards are absolutely gorgeous! love your work.
CC

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

All three of your projects are just wonderful!!! Love all the Basic Grey papers you've used -- the bicycle is a perfectly colored image -- I LOVE the simplicity of the card with lighthouse -- and your pink and green spingtime card is over the top fabulous!!!! TFS!!!