Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Stamp Club Project

I have been working on my stamp club projects, and I normally don't post them ahead of time, but I am trying out something new (to me) called Windows Live Writer. I saw on Jackie's blog here how neat and orderly her pictures and text were. I emailed her and she said she uses Windows Live Writer. So I installed it and this is my first try--what do you think?

The first card is a double pocket card shown on Joy's blog here. It uses Groovy Guava Prints DP and GG cardstock as the base. I chose to cut down the DP by 1/2" on each side so it could be mounted on a base. I felt that gave it a little more stability. I used a Fire Rhinestone brad on the bookmark and some Hershey's candy as a little "gift"! The butterfly is from Touch of Nature and uses the Faux Diamond Dust technique. It is stamped in Stazon, then colored with a marker & GG ink with a blender pen. The whole image is pressed into a Versamark pad, then covered with Iridescent Ice EP and heat embossed. It is beautiful IRL! You can also see a tutorial for this technique here.

Stamp Camp 05-22-08

Stamp Camp 05-22-08 closup

The next card is a gift card holder from Debbie Olsen, shown here. I used Crab & Co as my stamp set. All the images are stamped on shimmery white cardstock with Stazon and colored with ink and an aquapainter. This card uses Summer Picnic DP, which is such a great, versatile set of papers!

Stamp camp 05-22-08 2Stamp camp 05-22-08 2 inside

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, LeAnne, both of your workshop projects are VERY nice! I love the double pocket card (I really must try my hand at these) and your crab card is so adorable! WOWIE! Love'em! :)

Have a great day!
Wendy

PS. Over on my blog I left an award for you on Monday's update. Pop on over and check it out! See ya!

Jackie said...

I love those cards! You are doing great with the Live Writer, too - I hope you like it!Keep up the good work and thanks for the link :-)

Renee said...

Wow! It looks like you've been busy! I love how your projects turned out....very cute!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Both projects are terrific, LeAnne! Love the colors (and the chocolate!)