Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Challenge--Finally

I finally got some time to stamp today, and tried to edit my photos using a free trial download of Photoshop Elements. Not a good idea. I was extremely frustrated and wasted a lot of time. I went back to my old program and was done in five minutes. I have tried the Picasa from Google and there are things I like about it but I can't add my signature, so......back to the drawing board. Anyway, this first post is for today's Sketch Challenge. It is a birthday card for my pastor and I know he likes clean, modern calligraphy style script. This isn't it. I don't have anything like that (Wordsworth would be good!) So I just took my new Kitchen Sink stamps and did some leaves around a retired SU sentiment. The backgrounder is Leaves from Cornish Heritage Farms, and the other panel is Tres Chic, also by SU. The birthday sentiment is PTI's Mixed Messages. Colors used are Mellow Moss, River Rock, Sahara Sand, Confetti White & Always Artichoke. The single leaf is on a dimensional. I hope he likes it!





This is a card I stamped quite a while ago, but never posted. I needed a get-well card for someone in my small group. I love these coffee images from Crafty Secrets, but I wanted the little coffee bean to be facing the paper-pieced percolator. So I stamped her on a window sheet in Black Stazon, cut the sheet in a circle with my CB and flipped the image over and mounted it on a WW circle. The twill is from Taylored Expressions; paper is Prints in Almost Amethyst.
TFL!!!

4 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

Love both cards but green is my favorite color and love leaves the leaf card is gorgous :)

Denise Marzec said...

Cute coffee can card, and gorgeous birthday card for your pastor. I think he'll love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Great cards, LeAnne! Your cards are always awesome!

Happy Thursday!
Wendy

Renee said...

These are both great cards! So so cute!