Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Three One-Layer Cards

DSCF6541
The challenge#3 at Stampin’ Royalty today is to make a one-layer card.  That is more difficult than I imagined! I actually did make a set of four one-layer cards yesterday, but I did not photograph them and wanted to do something a little different today.  So I made three!! The first one was not so good, but the second & third were better!  I think it’s because they have ribbon—other than that, they are all pretty clean & simple.  Okay, enough yakking, here ya go:
DSCF6539
This is number three.  (I am going backwards here!)  I anchored the ribbon by doing a one-hole bow.  Image is from Holiday Blitz; colors are Real Red, Melon Mambo, Regal Rose and Rose Red; sentiment is from The More the Merrier.
Here’s number two, a REAL simple one:
DSCF6543
Card is Pretty in Pink, cut with the Scallop Square BigShot Diecut; again, the image is from Holiday Blitz, stamped in Craft White and embossed with white EP. The little CB cross stitch folder is one I’ve had for a long time!  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and the ribbon is SU’s Satin ---yummeeee!
Finally, this was my first attempt.  I should have stopped stamping while I was ahead:
DSCF6536
It just looks BARE, but I do like the white on the BB.  Sets used are Always and Enjoy Every Moment; card and ink are Bermuda Bay, with the bird and sentiment again stamped in Craft White and heat embossed.  A good exercise to get back to basics!  Oh well, you can’t win them all!
DSCF6545DSCF6537
Thanks for visiting today!!!  Hey, I am going to put up some blog candy here real soon….keep posted!

17 comments:

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

LeAnne, I love these... they are all so clean and elegant! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Lesley said...

Love them! Way to go!! This is a hard challenge and I am trying to wrap my brain around it!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lesley :)

Christi Flores said...

LOVE them all!! LOVE that CAS style!!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, someone's been busy! Love all of 'em, LeAnne ... clean, simple, and elegant. LOVE 'em!

mudmaven said...

OMG - these are incredible! Love them ALL! ~chris

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Oh my gosh... What gorgeous cards! My favorite is the Scallop Square one. - I am amazed!
Thanks once again for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne, these are gorgeous! I really, really like the third one ...think it's my favorite!! You're too hard on yourself! Fantabulous, as usual!!

Elise said...

Holy scrumptious stamping, Batman! These cards ROCK, LeAnne! I REALLY can relate to how difficult it can be to limit your creativity like this, but you did some awesome work, my friend! Yee HAW!

Denise Marzec said...

Adorable, LeAnne! I love that little embossing square you used on the baby card. I have that folder and I totally forgot about it. It must be totally buried in my drawer. I need to get it out!

Ann said...

All are wonderful! I really love the last one...been itching to use that set again lately!

savvy teaching tips said...

Wow LeAnne. These are sooooooooooo great. It seems that lots of us made a few before we were happy with them.

Tina G said...

Great cards. I like them all.

Juanita said...

Super work on the One-Layers. These are all out standing.

dpkennedy said...

They are very pretty! I wish I was better at making one layer cards...but I too get caught up in thinking they are too bare. I love yours though!

Carol L said...

These are so pretty! I find it most difficult to make one layer cards, but you've pulled it off quite well with this trio of lovely cards!

Sarah said...

These are so pretty! I love the simplicity of them! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Awesome cards, LeAnne! I LOVE the baby card with that embossed square! I have had those mini CB folders for years too, and never have a good idea for using them! Thanks for the inspiration!