Saturday, January 30, 2010

French Eclectic

DSCF6606

If you are looking for my Blog Candy post, you can visit it here! I love the vintagey, eclectic look that some designers do so well, but I struggle with the actual application of it! I was determined a few days ago to use some of the wonderful digi images that are available on the web. I believe I got these from Cathe Holden, but I also get many from The Graphics Fairy. You need to check out BOTH of these wonderful blogs if you’re into vintage! I pulled out some Jennie Bowlin papers, printed off some of the digitals and went to work, piecing and tearing and positioning, and finally came up with this little square card:

DSCF6605

There is actually a tiny little bit of stamping along the edges with a cute set called Butterfly Wishes from The Greeting Farm. My embellishments are some itsy-bitsy rhinestones and some bigger bling, along with the Beautiful Wings embosslit from SU, and their new Scallop Trim and Pinking Hearts punches. Everything was sponged with Soft Suede as well, for more of a vintage look. I will probably use this as a birthday card, but I left the inside blank for future use. Cardstocks are Natural Ivory and Ruby Red.

Some of my downline and I are at a stamping retreat this weekend at a cute little B&B called The Teakettle Inn in Manheim, PA. Hopefully I will remember to actually take some pictures to share!!! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

DSCF6604

10 comments:

Ann said...

I think this is fabulous, LeAnne! Well done!

Elise said...

Look at you, fabulous one! Great job with the VINTAGE magic, this card is SMOKIN' hot!

Carol L said...

Beautifully done! I love the collage look, but the vintage feel is definitely there! I hope you're enjoying your stamping retreat!! I LOVE Manheim - my cousin lives on a farm there........it's beautiful country!!

Barbara said...

Oo-la-la!!! Wonderful card, LeAnne!! I really like this!

Stamp and Smile said...

Darling Leanne!! Such fun colors, butterflies, layers and elements!!!! Very vintage and I like that... SMILES! :)

Juanita said...

Love your card.
i love everything that Cathe Holden puts up, but I struggle with how to use what she shares with us.
You pulled it off marvelously.

Corie said...

Oh WOW I love the Retro feel of this card -- so beautiful

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, LeAnne! I LOOOOVE the look of this card! Wow Wow Woww!

Stacey Schafer said...

you rocked the vintage/eclectic style! very cool card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LEANNE! This is AWESOME! You rock the Vintage, girl!