Friday, January 8, 2010

Some Valentine Challenges


I did a couple Valentine cards yesterday to make as samples for my clubs that will be meeting this month. For my first one, I used Arielle's Colour Q#14 color challenge as well as the sketch challenge#24 from Pals Paper Arts:














(By the way, today I am using Blogger to post instead of Windows LiveWriter....I hate Blogger, just so you know, if it looks wonky.)


This really looks much better IRL than it does here.....I chose to use Old Olive instead of Kiwi Kiss, as I wanted this to be made with all current SU supplies. I heat embossed the heart with Versamark and Regal Rose ink and clear EP, sponging in some color on the background and coloring the flowers with a blender pen and ink. The DP also really matches perfectly IRL....don't know why it looks off here. It is from the Sweet Pea stack in the current Occasions catalog. Really, I don't know when the last time I used Orchid Opulence was....so this was definitely a challenge!

My next card uses sketch challenge #132 from Stamping 411:



I had a lot of fun making this one---lots of different images and little embellishments and glitter! This Sending Love DP is full of sparkle!!! Here are some closeups of the hearts:


And this is my sentiment embellishment made with several circle punches, the Boho Blossom punch and glitter!!! Thanks for visiting today!!

  • Stamps: Always, Define Your Life, Very Vintage Wheel, I {Heart} Hearts, Best Wishes & More, All Holidays
  • Paper: Old Olive, WW, Orchid Opulence, Sweet Pea DP, Sending Love DP, Pretty in Pink, VV, Real Red
  • Ink: Versamark, Regal Rose, Orchid Opulence, Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose
  • Acc: Clear EP & Heat Tool, Rose Red Stitched Ribbon, Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Ribbon, Old Olive Grosgrain, Silver HPH, Pinked Hearts Punch, 3-Flower Punch, Circle Punches, Small Heart Punch, Corduroy Brads, VV HPH, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

14 comments:

Carol L said...

way to rock those challenges! That color combo is awesome, and I love all the hearts on the 2nd card! I never even heard of LiveWriter, so now I'm going to have to check it out. Who knew? LOL
Have a great Friday - I hope you're feeling better today :)

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhh, these are CUUUUTE! I love that color combo in that firt card! :)

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

I always get such inspiration when I stop by your blog and view your cards. WONDERFUL!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable cards, LeAnne! And kudos to you for managing to use Orchid Opulence! You get a gold star!

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE 'em, LeAnne! They're both beautiful but I'm partial to the hearts card! So elegant!

Have a great weekend, Kiddo!!

Ann said...

These are both fabulous, LeAnne! I really love the second one!

Elaine M said...

You said "This really looks much better IRL than it does here" - well then, it must be down right AMAZING cause it looks REAL good here. Your cards are always wonderful kiddo. Hugs - Elaine

Pam Speidel said...

Super cards LeAnne! I've been planning to do the ColourQ challenge and even have the cardstock out waiting for a lightning bolt of inspiration. :) Really {heart} your heart card and may have to case that one! Have a great weekend! Pam :)

Barbara said...

You're goin' to town with the Valentines girl!! They're all so very cute!

Lesley said...

Hi LeAnne,

I LOVE all of your Valentine's cards but especially the 411 sketch card!! So pretty. I didn't order this set! Now I want that heart set!!!

Lesley :)

Corie said...

Boy both of these are FABULOUS -- you rocked them both

Ann Schach said...

Yowza! These are fantastic cards, LeAnne! I just love the colors! Great job with the sketch, too! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Sue Lelli said...

Both cards are just FAB! LOVE all of the details. Wondering on the first card how you did the little hearts on the pinking sheared border??? Is that the dp or something else? I am so going to miss my Kiwi Kiss when I run out!!!

Juanita said...

love it