Monday, January 4, 2010

Very Vintage

DSCF6386

A quick card for you today; hopefully later I can do the CAS challenge at SCS....I have an idea in my head!

I am working on techniques for my club and thought I would use my new Very Vintage jumbo wheel with the emboss resist technique. I am still waiting for my Vintage Vogue set to arrive...the first one I got was in French! Oops! Very pretty, but not what I wanted! So what do you think?

DSCF6384

The center panel is stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I took a sponge dauber and added Rich Razzleberry ink to the unembossed areas. I also used the new heart border punch on the this monochromatic card. Do you think it looks silly with the hearts upside down on the top panel? Let me know!! Cardstock is Rich Razzleberry and Confetti White; ink is Versamark and Rich Razzleberry.

Oh and here are a couple more Christmas cards.....

A cutie-patootie from Julia:

DSCF6379

A lovely creation from Chris (mudmaven):

DSCF6373

An awesome, embellishment-filled, lotsa fun card from my CTD teammate, Broni:

DSCF6370

And a sweet old-fashioned card from my friend Toni:

DSCF6372

And last, but not least......a cute little Merry Chris-moose from my creative friend MaryAnne:

DSCF6260

and you can see she added a little bag of goodies with this little fella!

Thanks for being patient while I showcased all my RAKs. I get so much positive feedback from my blog friends and I love to show off their creativity! Thanks for visiting today!

9 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Beautiful card LeAnne! I LOVE the color! Looks like you got some beautiful Christmas cards too! That moose is just too adorable!
Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Lisa

mudmaven said...

Your card is just gorgeous! I love that wheel and think that it embosses really beautifully. I like the resist technique and might have to give that one a try! ~chris

Juanita said...

I love that sweet little Christmoose.
Your card is simply to die for! It is so beautiful and the emboss resist looks so great with the wheeled image. Thanks for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Carol L said...

ohhh, PRETTY!!! My kinda card with that rich color! I love the technique, and I think the upside down hearts balance everything out perfectly! Beautiful RAKS too, and what a darling little moose:)

Denise Marzec said...

Oh WOWWWWW, girl, this is so dramatic looking! LOVE it!!

ChristineCreations said...

I love this wheel LeAnne! You've created something so beautiful with it! It's definitely on my wish list.

Tammy Hershberger said...

GREAT card, LeAnne! LOVE how you did that center panel with the emboss resist, and that heart border punch is COOL!

Susan Raihala said...

No, the upside down hearts don't look odd...the whole card exudes balance and harmony!