Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sketch Challenge

DSCF6584

A real simple easy card today, as my time is limited with family issues!  I liked the Saturday Sketch Challenge #135 from Stampin 411:

ssc135

and used some Kaleidoscope DP I totally forgot I had along with two new SAB set, Happy Moments and Whimsical Words:

DSCF6583

Of course, AFTER I finished the card, I realized I was supposed to put the sentiment at the lower right.  It was 1:00 AM, and I just couldn’t come up with a single idea of what to add there, so I just left it as it was!!!  I did draw the bow & string at the top of the birdcage so it didn’t look as if it was just floating in midair!!!  Thanks for visiting today!

  • Stamps:  Happy Moments, Whimsical Words
  • Paper:  Apricot Appeal, WW, Tempting Turquoise, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Kaleidoscope DP
  • Ink:  Stazon
  • Acc:  Heart Punch, Nestie Flower Die, 1 3/4” circle punch, markers, Scallop Trim Border punch, Grosgrain Ribbon

13 comments:

Creative Heart Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Selene Kempton said...

This is awesome! I love the birdcage stamped on the designer paper. It looks wonderful!

Juanita said...

The card is perfect, I would not worry about havig the sentiment on the lower right, it looks great where it is.
Love the colors and images you chose, I also like how you tied the ribbon through the scallop edge.

Unknown said...

Too cute!! Thanks for playing along this week with us over at Stamping 411!!!

Patti Chesky said...

Love the color combination!! I move the sentiment all the time...the sketch is just a starting point!!! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411.

Deb Neerman said...

Sooooooooooo cute, LeAnne!

Mer said...

Sometimes less is more. It doesn't need another sentiment added. It is beautiful just the way it is!

Carol L said...

I'm sorry I haven't been keeping current on all of your blog posts, but I hope things are going well with your dad. I know how difficult times like this can be for family members and I hope all works out for the best for everyone. I hope he's well through all of this.
Your card is amazing and I just LOVE that sentiment! I can't wait until my stamp set comes so I can use that stamp! I love the little bird cage and those cheery colors!

Denise Marzec said...

I love the fonts in that sentiment, and great idea to draw in the bow and string. Loos great!

mudmaven said...

Love, love, love those papers! ~chris

Linda Callahan said...

I love the tip on adding a bow and string to the bird cage - finishes it right off! I will rememebr to use that for sure - beautiful card!

dpkennedy said...

Yes, the bow and string are a perfect anchor...this is adorable!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! I LOVE the colors!