Sunday, January 17, 2010

Blush Dove

DSCF6523

Another Christmas card to add to my stash for 2010! This week's uses Kristin's lovely JUGS Color Challenge #16:

JUGS16

and Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch #52:

SSSC52

DSCF6520

I used a retired SU set called To You & Yours and a CHF sentiment from Christmas Expressions. Both were stamped in Versamark first, then SU classic inks and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The dove was watercolored with Blush Blossom ink and liberally sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds glitter! So pretty! Some BG Wassail papers complemented the Bravo Burgundy card which was also wheeled with the Baroque Borders wheel. A little bling is always nice---this adds just a little touch of special!

DSCF6521Thanks so much for visiting me today!

  • Stamps: To You & Yours, Baroque Borders wheel, Christmas Expressions, CHF
  • Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, BG Wassail
  • Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Basic Gray, Versamark, Blush Blossom
  • Acc: Aquapainter, Taffeta Ribbon, Clear EP & Heat Tool, Eyelet Punch, Nesties, DD Glitter, Rhinestone

15 comments:

Carol L said...

What a beautiful card! Oh I just LOVE how you used the colors for this challenge! You've been a stamping busy bee this week - I can hardly keep up with you! LOL

Lisa Kind said...

Hi LeAnne! You are just making me so envious of your 2010 Christmas card collection! I was going to do this too! Not a one done yet!

But I LOVE your card! That dp is just perfect for our color challenge and the image is beautiful! thanks for playing our JUGs challenge again!

Linda said...

LeAnne you card is beautiful! I love the last two but just haven't had time to stop and say so. The colors on this one are beautiful. I sure wish I could keep up with you and do as many beautiful cards.

Karen Giron said...

This is gorgeous!! You are so smart to start on those cards already.

Mona Pendleton said...

Leanne, this card is beautiful as always! Great way to get ahead for next season! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls color challenge - hope to see you next Saturday!

Kristin Eberline said...

LeAnne!!! This is sooo elegant...such a lovely Christmas card ♥ What a fantastic idea to start early...I NEED to jump on that bandwagon seeing how I didn't send any this year :|

I have that dove stamp and I swear, your use of it on this card is by FAR the prettiest I've ever seen! I might have to CASE this one :) Your patterned paper with the baroque wheeled background behind it just adds to the pure elegance of your card. Oooh...I need to go back and see where you got that ribbon. This challenge made me realize I have ZERO gray ribbon! Tragedy considering my immense collection! LOL

Hope you are having a wonderful, long weekend. Thanks for playing along with my challenge ;]

Martina said...

A very beautiful and elegant card! I like it!

Juanita said...

What a great card. The inspiration colors are super and the images you went with are fabulous.

AKiteFlier said...

LeAnne this is just stunning. I can't believe your are working for holiday cards 2010!~~! WOW. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls - we hope you are enjoying the challenges. Look for a brand new challenge this Saturday!

Corie said...

What a perfect holiday card -- love it

Susan Raihala said...

Beautiful! You totally rocked these colors!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh WOWWWW, I love the Wassail with the rich burgundy CS. Gorgeous dove image too!

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is lovely, LeAnne! LOVE that paper with these colors! It's perfect!

Maria said...

Fabulous job! Love your papers. And how awesome that you are getting Christmas cards done in Jan!! Go you! Thanks for playing along with just us girls.