Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Hearts

DSCF6565

I loved Angie Tieman’s heart flower she made here so much I just had to make one myself! I had an odd-looking scrap of Sweet Pea DP that I thought I would never be able to use, but that sweet little flower fit in there so nicely……

DSCF6564

Pretty clean & simple; the leaf was stamped in A to Z Alphabet in white on Old Olive and cut out freehand; since I stamped the “thank you” crooked, that leaf just fit the bill to draw one’s eye away from my booboo!! I used a 1 3/4” circle and the new small heart punch from SU to make my “flower”. Thanks for looking today! And I just found out that this qualifies for the CAS51 challenge (to use DP) at SCS today!

I would also covet your prayers also as my father is not doing well and our family is trying to work out a plan to get him to move from his home, which is a couple hours away, here to PA where he can stay with my sister. I understand the desire to stay in one’ own home, but he really needs our care. I am praying that the Lord will work it out without a fuss.

  • Stamps: Short & Sweet, A to Z Alphabet
  • Paper: WW, Old Olive, Regal Rose, Sweet Pea DP
  • Ink: Craft White, Old Olive
  • Acc: 1 3/4” Circle Punch, Small Heart Punch, Dimensionals, Playground Button

22 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

Such a lovely card and your heart flower is adorable!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Love Love LOVE how that flower fits into the large scallop! Too cool!

Doris said...

Boo-boo? What boo-boo?? Clever use of punches to create such a cute card!

Ann said...

Absolutely fabulous, LeAnne!

Leonie said...

Your flower is bautiful! Good luck with your Dad, hope it all works out for the best :)

mudmaven said...

WOW! This is a great, great card! Might be my inspiration for my regional swaps! ~chris

Susan Raihala said...

FAB card, LeAnne! I'm going to give that a try myself...the heart flower is adorable!

As for your dad...this is such a tough thing, and you're not alone going through it. It's so hard to understand why people cling to their homes when the real home is where there family is, where the love and support are. But then, with the military I've moved around A LOT and "home" has a looser meaning for me, anyway.

My sis and I had our mother move in with my sis in October. Mom is still very vital and helps my sis a lot with the new baby and older kids. We did this on purpose, so mom will be with her geriatric physical therapist (that's my sister's specialty!) when it's needed.

My prayers are with you and your family as you all work to sort this out. (((hugs)))

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, what a NEAT idea!!! I have to give that a try!

Barbara said...

That is just too cool, LeAnne!! Love how that flower fit in that big scallop!

Lesley said...

Cool idea!!! So "crafty"! Love the way you used the DSP! I am sending positive thoughts to you and your family and wish the best for your father.

Lesley :)

Elise said...

I will CERTAINLY include you and your sweet dad in my prayers! And also in my HEART! As inspired by your heart-a-licious card that is just as wonderful as can be! You, be strong, sweet sista!

Deb Neerman said...

Adorable, LeAnne! Love your stamped stem and the adorable flower you created.

Adding your Dad to my prayer list ...

Corie said...

I absolutely love this card -- it is so perfect!!

Juanita said...

Fabulous card. I never would have guessed that leaf was there to help disguise a boo-boo.
My thoughts and prayers for your family and the hard choices to be made in your future.

Linda said...

So clever and cute!

Beth said...

Such a great idea - love the use of punches and how you did the stem :) very creative!

Angie Tieman said...

Wow!! What an awesome card!! I love your flower and that totally adorable stem and leaf!

I'm sending prayers for your dad and family.

Lisa Kind said...

This is such a clever little card! Love it! I'll be thinking of your family and hoping that all is well with your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Georgette said...

Love this card LeAnne especially the heart flower and thank you stem. Sorry to hear about your Dad. You and your family will be in my prayers. Things will all work out for the best.

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable flower - and I love how you did the stem - I will be trying that for sure!

penniem said...

So delightful and fress! Love the flower, love the paper, love the design, love your work!
Pennie

TrishG said...

Awesome flower! Nice simple background. Great card.