Saturday, January 2, 2010

JUGS Challenge #14

DSCF6383

Welcome to 2010! I have learned many times NOT to make resolutions (I am very poor at keeping them!) but I still feel like a new year is the perfect time to TRY to start a new habit! So after my cookie-binging of Christmas, I think I'd better keep an eye on my eating habits!! How about you? Well, enough about that, it's Saturday (although it doesn't FEEL like it) and that means a JUGS Challenge! Today it is a lovely sketch, which is just what I needed to get me started:

JUGS14

And here's my birthday card for a special friend:

DSCF6382

I am beginning to try some new techniques to teach my clubs this year, so this is my first attempt at the watercolor crayon/spritzing technique. I am not even sure what the exact name of this technique is!!! Some teacher I am! Anyway, it turned out pretty nice, but I'll keep practicing. One of the resolutions that I AM going to try is to "tag" my posts so I can find them more easily....I may need you to keep me on top of it!

Are you sick of Christmas cards yet? I actually still have some more to share with you....I am getting to the end of my pile, though!

This is a cutie from Jen:

DSCF6367

And a wonderful easel card from Linda:

DSCF6371

And an awesome creation from Pam:

DSCF6368

Thanks for visiting today!

  • Stamps: On Your Birthday, Of The Earth
  • Paper: Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Watercolor, Tall Tales DP
  • Ink: Always Artichoke
  • Acc: Watercolor Crayons, Spray Bottle, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Mellow Moss Taffeta Ribbon, Circle Punches, Corduroy Button

17 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

This is so pretty, LeAnne and such nice spring-like colors for a change! Love that technique...I did a tutorial on that same technique on the Artful Inkables blog about a month ago. So fun and easy!

And you are such a lucky stamper to have received so many Christmas cards! It's so nice of you to showcase them...I loved seeing mine! Happy New Year, my friend, and thanks for playing our JUGs challenge!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a pretty card, LeAnne! LOVE the soft colors, and the way you colored the image looks fabulous! Your customers will love the technique!

Carol L said...

Your card is gorgeous with that technique!! Those floral images and colors are just wonderful! Nice job on the challenge!

Gabby said...

That is a great card LeAnne! Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at JUGs! Happy New Year!

Gabby~January Guest Designer

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne. I love doing that technique with flowers like that. You rocked the challenge, girlie!

Beth said...

Great sketch and I really like how this technique softens the look of the stamping! Super card LeAnne :)

Stacey Schafer said...

Off to check out the JUGS challenge...love your beautiful card:)

AKiteFlier said...

NICE take on the sketch LeAnne. Good job with the technique - very pretty and I just love that button embellie. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls as we kick off a whole new year. Hope to see you again next week.

Mona Pendleton said...

Le Anne, this card is so very pretty! You did an awesome job with the water coloring crayon spritzing technique! One of my faves but goes unloved! So you are a cookie monster? My hubby is too :) Thank you so much for playing along with Just Us Girls sketch challenge - Hope to see you next Saturday for a fun technique challenge!

Sue Lelli said...

Such a pretty card! LOVE the cordouroy button accent, too!

Denise Marzec said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I love that close-up shot of the watercolored panel...looks AWESOME, girl!

Deb Neerman said...

Love this LeAnne! Your colored image looks just fabulous.

Best wishes to you and your family for a wonderful 2010!

~Hugs, Deb

mudmaven said...

OMG - this is just beautiful! What a great example of this techinque. ~chris

Stamp and Smile said...

Love the "refreshing" card of flowers... and getting back into butterfly's is what I'm looking forward too! Makes me think of summer... :)

Happy New Year and you are one lucky girl with all these FABULOUS RAK's!! ENJOY! :)

Dana Gustafson said...

Gorgeous LeAnne! I love how you have translated the sketch to highlight a samll portion of the main image in your detail circle on the right. LOVE it! THat is brilliant! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

Alicia Weiman said...

Very pretty card....it makes me think of spring! Nice job on the new technique. I've been trying out a few this year myself! Love your Christmas card with the Santa image. Thanks for playing along.

Unknown said...

VERY pretty!! I love the Springy colors (especially since it's SO cold here right now -lol) Just gorgeous. Thanks so much for taking the time to play along with Just Us Girls this week!!!