Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Color Throwdown is Back!

The 74th Color Throwdown is back after a little break, and we have added a new member to our team! We are excited to have Kristin from Mindless Creativity join the CTD! I have admired her creations for a long time and she is as sweet in person as everything she makes! I know she'll fit right in!

swatch 74

In fact, her colors for this week are sweet, too: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip and Dusty Durango. They happen to match some special digi papers she designed herself---no mindless creativity there!!! Check out the CTD blog to see for yourself!!! You can find out all about her papers and there might even be something special for you to win!! Then create something, post it on your blog and link it back to Mr Linky so we can all see it.

To get started today, I used the Mojo Monday Sketch #120:

Mojo120Sketch

Then I chose some of Kristin's paper---I printed it out a little smaller than full-size, because I didn't want my little Huggabug to be too overwhelmed:

DSCF6393-1

DSCF6392

My little bug is stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copics. Truthfully, when I first did my card, I FORGOT the Dusty Durango!! So I colored her little slippers in DD, and added an embossed DD butterfly from SU's new butterfly Embosslit:

DSCF6396Pretty snazzy, eh? In case you're wondering why DD is even a color for the challenge, you can see one of the butterflies on the digital paper is actually a dark orange:

DSCF6397

Can you see it there? Cute!!! So now let's see what you can create with this palette! Have fun! Click on the links below to see all the designers' creations today, including our guest designer for January, Deb Horst!

DSCF6394-1

And oops, I almost forgot to show you the inside of my card...this will go to a sweet little Scottish lady at my church who, every year, makes traditional shortbread for me....yum! Thanks for visiting today!

19 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

I LOVE your card! And the colors are fabulous...I HAVE to play this week! Great choice in asking Kristin to join the team! She's a great addition to your already wonderful team! Great card, LeAnne!

Carol L said...

This is fabulous! I LOVE that huggabug image, but those papers are incredible! I see someone already has that new SU border punch with the tiny hearts:) I'm glad we'll be seeing more of Kristin's work during the coming year!

Susan said...

This card has so many things on it to look at - and boy doesn't it all work well together!

I love your stamped image- it's so cute.

Nice colour matching.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I just love this huggabug image and your papers LeAnne!! Awesome take on the Mojo sketch too!! So cute and beautiful!

Janine said...

How cute is this little guy!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LeAnne, this is FABULOUS! Your little Huggabugg is adorable, and that ribbon you used matches perfectly! If I didn't know any better I would think Kristin designed ribbon, too!

Deb said...

Love this card, what beautiful colours. Sweet image too.

Deb Neerman said...

Toooooooooo cute, LeAnne! Love that color combination .... and I must admit that I didn't think I would. You totally rocked 'em, though!

Julia Aston said...

what a great card LeAnne! love the design and cute little bug stamp with all her glitter! that butterfly is just beautiful!!

Ann said...

Eeeee, too cute, LeAnne!!!! Love every detail.

Barbara said...

Oh, my, how cute!!! You did a fabulous job with your little Huggabugg and I love the papers you chose. Love this card and so will the recipient!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card LeAnne! You did an awesome job showcasing the awesome MTME©Pretty Printables paper! Thanks for the inspiration!

mudmaven said...

What an adorable card and such great colors. Had to run and get that dp pack - very, very nice stuff. ~chris

Broni said...

This is so precious, LeAnne!! I love how you paper-pieced and glitterfied the little huggabugg and the layout you used is perfect for showing off Krisin's great papers!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh wow! This is so cute! I love your sweet huggabug and this is a gorgeous sketch! The little butterfly is just adorable too! Great card!

dj said...

fantastic!! love all the sparkle on the outside!! great interpetation of the mojo sketch!! I also love the inside--I don't always take the time to decorate the inside but I do love it when I do--just really finishes it off. So excited to be apart of the team for this month--Thanks!!

Kathryn B said...

Awesome card! I love the ribbon and the new border punch is really nice! I think i'm gonna have to get that! ;0)

Denise Marzec said...

Goodness, girl, where to start?....the sparkle, the cute image, the layout, that awesome butterfly accent....looks FANNNNNN-TABULOUS!

Kathleen said...

This card is divine---love it!